Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCCM Plus - Cayenne 955

CayenneTurbo955JC

Hi all,
This is my first post on the forum so please excuse any ignorance.
I own a low mileage 955 2004 Cayenne Turbo with Bose speaker system. The media unit is very dated these days and I like the idea of the Porsche PCCM Plus module, however... it is not technically compatible with my model of Cayenne. I've seen lots of examples of people who have fitted JVC / Pioneer head units in place of the original media unit, but I feel that these never look quite right. It's the OEM look of the PCCM Plus unit that appeals to me the most (despite the price!). Has anyone been brave enough to try and fit one of these to a 955 Cayenne? Expensive challenge I admit. If anyone has specific answers as to why the PCCM Plus won't fit a 955, that would be great... is it the dimensions, the wiring etc...
Many thanks,
John

Hmmm a difficult question to answer ..

Its not listed for the cayenne so there will be a reason .. dimensions .. probably not but they can be sorted ..

My guess .. the antenna system .. cayennes are very different from a 996 so i suspect that would be the reason.

Anything can be adapted but it would certainly be a leap of faith to spend that much on one of these units and try and fit it to your car .

The after market items .. dare i say it but they are very similar to the pccm but without the porsche splash screen .

I get what you are saying though .. originality .. perhaps research " addons " for the PCM .. what can be fitted to enable bluetooth , usb etc and see what you can find .

The only thing missing for me on the 955 Bose setup and PCCM was DAB/Bluetooth/Hands free.

I just fitted a £35, little neat DAB/Bluetooth transmitter to the right of the clocks, by the A pillar. The antenna goes up the A pillar and is stuck behind the rear view mirror, the power comes straight from an ignition live in the fuse box down that right hand side of the dash, feeding a new female cigarette lighter socket. I found 12v to 5V adapters gave too much interference on the radio, but the supplied cigarette lighter socket power cable was fine. The DAB signal is good with all that metal attached to the magnetic pad, slid up under the headliner.

Something like this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384846895442?hash=item599aa99952:g:53AAAOSwZHRiXop4

I now have DAB radio, Bluetooth streaming from my phone and handsfree.

It comes on at ignition and defaults to DAB. I just tuned channel 1 on the PCCM to the chosen FM frequency and it plays almost instant DAB radio as I start the car.

Not as modern as some, but for £35, retains the OEM look and you would hardly notice the little DAB transmitter to the right of the clocks, right up to the A pillar.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cchrysos
Back