Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

over the air map updates on PCM 4 (991.2) anyone

stefant

Trainee
Hi has anyone out there successfully updated there maps over the air? all my other connect services work, but over the air updates have never worked.

I have had the dealer update the PCM to the latest version, which now means google earth works again, but still no map updates.

Dealer saying problem with Porsche servers in Germany. Porsche Connect saying dont know will raise a ticket...

Im tempted just to pay 150 euro for someone to update the maps for me remotely to 2021!

thanks

stefant said:
Hi has anyone out there successfully updated there maps over the air? all my other connect services work, but over the air updates have never worked.
I have had the dealer update the PCM to the latest version, which now means google earth works again, but still no map updates.
Dealer saying problem with Porsche servers in Germany. Porsche Connect saying dont know will raise a ticket...
Im tempted just to pay 150 euro for someone to update the maps for me remotely to 2021!
thanks
It's been like this for quite a few owners around the world with cars running PCM 4 for more than a year. Local dealers say that Porsche Germany works on it, but I don't think they do. I'm also close to pay for a "black market" update as you are. I also think this is badly handled of Porsche, and plan to return to BMW.

I got mine updated for 120 euro remotely to the 2021 maps. all went well and the guy doing it was really knowledgable.

loads of our friends on the USA forums have used the same guy, let me know if anyone wants his contact details.

From Porsche UK

Some put this on another forum about the over the air update problems on PCM4 this week.

Thank you for contacting Porsche.

QUOTE:
I have been investigating your issues concerning the online map updates feature on your vehicle. I have found that this is now a larger issue affecting multiple customers and is currently being investigated with a high priority.

There is not a current ETA on when this issue will be rectified, due to this we would still like to make sure that you can update your maps to the most current version. If you would like to update your maps you will need to visit your Porsche Centre to have this installed. If there are any costs to this, please let me know and I will look to reimburse this.

Please may you advise me of your local/preferred Porsche Centre and I will contact them to discuss this and ask them to contact you to arrange a booking.

I appreciate the frustration this may cause but this will be rectified as soon as possible.
END QUOTE:

Lets hope Porsche now can solve this problem that have been here for to long.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdowrick
Back