Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mystery Tyre Codes - pls help!

Simon W

Barcelona
Afternoon all.
Can anyone advise me on this?

I have Bridgestone's that are about to be replaced this week. Two of the tyres have traditional 4 digit DOT codes to denote the week / year of manufacture.

Two others (1 front and 1 rear) don't have any 4 digit codes that I can pair back to a manufacturing date. There really doesn't seem to be anything other than the codes in the images below. I've googled it, looked on the Bridgestone web site and can't work it out.

I have the receipt from Porsche East London that these two tyres were fitted in 2017 - but I want to be able to verify the date.

Any thoughts?

Front:

Rear:

EJ is the location of the Bridgestone Plant in Japan in a place called TOSU , which is in western Japan

Bob996 said:
EJ is the location of the Bridgestone Plant in Japan in a place called TOSU , which is in western Japan

OK - interesting. Thanks. But nothing that denotes the manufacturing date in there?

The 4 digit date code is probably on the inside wall. I'm guessing the 2 you can't find are on the same side of the car.

That was gonna be my question. You have checked both sides?

It must be somewhere. :thumb:

mashby said:
The 4 digit date code is probably on the inside wall. I'm guessing the 2 you can't find are on the same side of the car.

Yes - quite right. They're both on the passenger side.

Seems crazy to have a directional tyre with the date stamp only on 1 side..or are they all like that....?
Thanks for the tip.

I've just checked my Bridgestones and the passenger side date codes are as you say not on the outside wall.
Mine are dated 2116 and the rears are very badly perished around the main tread grooves so worth checking as they are the same SO2A's as you have.
They will be replaced as soon as its taxed next month.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andewcb
Back