Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Look for a turbo cabriolet and have some questions...

Deucedeuce

Hi all

I've decided this winter's car hunt will be a 996 Turbo Cab tip with the intention of a Europe trip in early summer. Hopefully enough time to find a good example and sort out any bits that need doing. On to the questions then...

Went to look at one today and there was quite a bit of wind noise with the roof up at 50mph+. Is that normal or more likely window needs adjusting or seals replacing?

How important is having the hard top and original pcm for future sale? Neither items really bother me but don't want to be having to buy them when it comes time to sell and having all original bits is all of a sudden crucial.

What is the acceptable readout level for the boost?

Thanks.

Hi, Can't say I notice wind noise at any speed on our 04 cab tip turbo
The roof does work well
We put a hard top on for the winter months and that snugs things up a treat, however I had to buy and fit the receiver kit which was pretty easy, (our car wasn't originally specced for the hard top), I was lucky to find a used set of receiver for the hardtop pins cheap on eBay, they are pretty pricey new. Check any potential car for these by popping off the plastic covers behind the rear seat backs with the roof open and peering down inside to check if the receiver brackets are fitted
Boost pressure on our standard non X50 car is 0.6 bar, seen 0.7 a few times

Epic cars, I've had a coupe manual x50 and now have a cab tip, I personally really like the Tiptronic, and I love manual cars

Best of luck

Attachments

• c9e7e75a_496e_41fd_acd1_850fb15f158f_176.jpeg
    c9e7e75a_496e_41fd_acd1_850fb15f158f_176.jpeg
    264.2 KB · Views: 787
  • 3da60569_38f5_4f72_9c19_340a8c2ee5bc_214.jpeg
    3da60569_38f5_4f72_9c19_340a8c2ee5bc_214.jpeg
    765.1 KB · Views: 787
  • 7ca716c6_68f1_4e52_953d_c906f2aca22f_125.jpeg
    7ca716c6_68f1_4e52_953d_c906f2aca22f_125.jpeg
    765.1 KB · Views: 787
To add, we forked out for a PCCM plus which whilst expensive works and looks fantastic in the car, ours being a left hooker out here in BC I was able to run the box to the glovebox and have since plugged in a wireless module also in the glovebox which works perfectly every time you jump in and out, connects right up, car now feels somewhat modern with apple car play

soin said:
To add, we forked out for a PCCM plus which whilst expensive works and looks fantastic in the car, ours being a left hooker out here in BC I was able to run the box to the glovebox and have since plugged in a wireless module also in the glovebox which works perfectly every time you jump in and out, connects right up, car now feels somewhat modern with apple car play

Sorry, off-topic question - which wireless module did you install & has it worked flawlessly?

Thanks!

I don't really get much wind noise in my 98 C2 cabriolet with the roof up.
Maybe the windows are not sealing up very well. Could just need recalibrating.
Definitely not poor wiper blades then, as the ones I had on caused a lot of wind noise until I fitted the aero style blades?

I'm back on my hardtop for the winter though, as I prefer the heated rear glass in the winter and it will protect the roof in a harsh winter.

photek said:
soin said:

Sorry, off-topic question - which wireless module did you install & has it worked flawlessly?

Thanks!

https://images.app.goo.gl/kKYeKh8RZ1ofEgUS8

bought this one from Amazon, works perfectly

My C4S cab has virtually no wind noise. When I bought it I was disappointed that it whistled more than I thought it should so took it back and the drivers window had very slightly dropped. It was adjusted and now seals properly. No more noise.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back