Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lights Scratched by Cover

CK99Something

Hi, My 997 has lives outside but over the last couple of years its been under a cover. I dont drive it very often these days but it gets a good check over when I do to make sure the cover isnt doing any damage (Shield Autocare Outdoor).
When I took it off today it had very deep scratches across the top of the headlights and some opaque yellowing around that. Clearly some grit has got up under the cover.

So questions are:
1) Has anyone had the same from using a cover? Could it be the quality of the cover? It seems good quality and has a decent lining. Any recommendations for covers?
2) Should I use a mild abrasive to try and cut it back? I have various options for this but also used a kit from 3M for my lads 360z which worked well.

What I find odd is that the paintwork seems absolutely fine (thank god!).

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back