Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Joined the Porsche club with a Cayman S

S A Watt

Monza
Hi folks

At long last I have finally joined the Porsche world.

For the last 10 years I have driven Toyota MR2 as my summer cars owning a mk 1, 2 & 3.

I always wanted to update to the Cayman and got stuck into trying to find one over the last few months.

Once I test drove a 3.4s there was no question on the model I was going for :grin:

Now I just needed to find one.

I'm up in the North East of Scotland and have some brilliant roads but not a huge amount of choice of caymans.

I didn't really want to buy private and had already decided I wanted a gen2 with lots of spec as the car will be a long term keeper.

After trawling the web for some time I came across a high spec 2010 model with 21,000 mile and 1 owner at Cameron Sports Cars. In Atlas Gray which is in my opinion a great colour. Looks black grey and dark blue in different light.

After some chats with Ian Cameron it was clear we were on the same wave length. He could see how fussy I was and knew what I was looking for, and only a tip top example would suit me. They seem to be as fussy as me and only sell the cream of the crop.

The only draw back was there garage is over 500 miles away.

Ian knowledge of the cars and the way they treat you however is fantastic. These guys were real gentlemen to deal with and the facilities they have are brilliant. They are x OPC guys as are the technicians.

Took a big gamble and decide to go for the car and paid the deposit as soon as the photos of the car came on their website. I said to Ian it better be as good as he said but I should not have worried.

The cars was prepared taking around 3 weeks as I didn't want it rushed. And at the end of November I flew to Bristol and the guys picked me up at airport and took me to the garage. The car was just as described and the guys spent loads of time going through all the spec and stuff with me.

Set off for my 500 mile run in the car to get her home and did it over 2 days with a stop over at market dryton.

The car was fantastic and just what I expected. Enjoyed every moment on the run back.

Spent a bit of time detailing the car they way I wanted it and have attached a few photos of the results.

I have garaged it away now and can't wait for April to get it back out once we get rid of all this nasty salty roads up here. That was another good reason to buy a car from the south as the underneath was pristine and Ian had it waxoyled in the prep.

In my location I am planning some fantastic runs up in the highlands for summer 2015 and possible I trip to the outer Hebrides.

Here is the spec

- 3.4 Litre Flat Six Direct Fuel Injection Engine (310 bhp)
- 19" Carrera Sport Alloy Wheels
- 6 Speed Manual Gearbox
- Bi-Xenon Headlights with Headlamp Wash
- Black Full Extended Leather Interior Inc. Top of Dash & Door Cards
- Sport Chrono Package Plus
- Limited Slip Differential
- Sports Short Shift
- PASM Porsche Active Suspension Management
- Sport Seats
- Stainless Steel Door Entry Guards
- Red Brake Calipers
- Auto Dimming Mirrors & Rain Sensor
- Rear Wiper
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- PCM Porsche Communication Management - Touch Screen
- PCM Extended Navigation Module
- BOSE Sound System with Subwoofer & Upgraded Speakers
- Rear Park assist
- Universal Audio Interface
- Climate Control Air Conditioning
- Porsche stability management (PSM)
- Porsche Fitted Mats

Low Mileage Generation 2 Cayman 3.4 S Presented in Atlas Grey with Black Full Leather Upholstery

High Specification car with a List Price When New of £60k, One Owner Example with Full Official Porsche Centre Service History, Still under Porsche Warranty Until May 2015

Here is to some great motoring and looking forward to speaking to you all on here for advice and discussion

Shane :thumbs:

Incredible looking car. Great spec, I'm sure you 'll love it, I would!

Shane, a gorgeous looking car. Many congratulations! :thumb:

All your research and patience has really paid off.

Health to enjoy when the roads clean up and the good weather comes. :D

Hi there,

It looks stunning and even though you had to travel, it's definitely the right thing to do when you get such a good car.

You guys have some great roads up there and not a lot of traffic, some of my favourite drives have been north of Fort William. Now if you could do something about those sheep.......

:)

Brian

Wow great looking car. My fav wheels as well. Well done.

:welcome: to 911uk Shane.

You obviously like your engine to be behind you :grin:

Have you never considered having it that little bit further away :?:

ps. Nice car and great intro'. :thumb:

Love a mid engined car! Contemplating buying another this year as my daily. Would be a Boxster though.

The Cayman is so underrated by those who have never driven one. My Cayman R is probably the best P car I have owned and I have/have had some good ones.

Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for the responses guys.

Do love the engine behind me. :thumbs:

We have some great roads as you say. Once you get North of Inverness it's brill with the road to Skye being fab. Also apple cross pass is brilliant road. And this leads to gairloch and then on to Ullapool. I've done a lot of running up here with the mr2 and my bike.

I have to say that I love the car so far and just want to get it on the road again.

Never mind it gives me some time to get a little more detailing done :)

Hi sweet looking car mate - well done - I was up for one but in the end needed two rear seats for my boys so went for the 996C4S in the end - still admire the cayman though - a real conisours/drivers car :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back