Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Indicator & Tail Lights Available Again for Early 911/91

911Time

Suzuka
Just saw this on Porsche Newsroom and thought some of you lucky guys, with early cars, might be interested.

90163140400-001-low.jpg

Porsche Classic has re-issued rear lights in conjunction with Bosch Classic, for 911 (& 912) models, up to and including Type 996 and they can now be ordered again from any Porsche Centre worldwide.

Might help during a rebuild :)

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...ghts-911-short-wheelbase-available-23129.html

Apologies if this news is already known.

Happy Christmas :thumb:

That is actually useful to know :thumb:

Some of the light units i've been given to fit in the past are to be honest .. total crap so an alternative is always welcome ..

Mind you the talk of hand painted and the long write up leads me to think these will be proper expensive .

deMort said:
That is actually useful to know :thumb:

Some of the light units i've been given to fit in the past are to be honest .. total crap so an alternative is always welcome ..

Mind you the talk of hand painted and the long write up leads me to think these will be proper expensive .

No problem - I thought it might help and sometimes only the genuine part will do.

How are you doing now Iain? Back to full health I hope!!

deMort said:
Far better than i was .. but a way to go yet i feel .. thanks :)

Glad to hear that :thumb:

This virus is a ***** and that's for sure! We sadly lost my other half's father to it three weeks ago and although he was in his 80's, he was in pretty good shape overall.

Hope you feel back to 100% soon!!

My condolences young man to you and your wife .. its difficult to bear the loss of a loved one ...

My own parents are in their late 80,s .. it would be devastating to lose one .

i've lost 2 relatives so far but not directly a result of Covid more of the lack of support due to this , this is indeed a bad virus .

My entire family also caught it .. i was the worst affected ..

It's a strange disease .. i almost felt my body had no idea what to do .. at my age i'm well aware of things like flu and how it will affect me but this was just weird and not nice at all .. for a few days there and i was rather worried .

Having a nurse as a wife kinda made it worse .. checking my oxygen stats and warning me i might end up in hospital .. kinda wished i didn't know at that point !

Still .. i'm sorry for your loss and there's nothing i can say that will help and that's the point i hate as i come here to help so i feel worthless .

All the best though .

Thank you Iain, on the contrary, your words of support mean a great deal and I know my other half will appreciate them - it's perhaps even more unusual these days for someone who doesn't know the deceased.

At 54 and with my health problems (an incurable cancer and heart disease), this virus is very scary and having battled pneumonia twice in the past, I know it would mean an early bath if I contracted it.

Harold was a wonderful, generous and principled man, who shouldn't have passed for years but was sadly in the wrong place at the wrong time, having been admitted to hospital for a water infection and contracting Covid whilst there.

I know what you mean about not always wanting to know, sometimes it makes it harder.

The new strains and their potential to infect even more people is extremely worrying and the sooner we can roll out the vaccine the better but I fear another fill lockdown is the only way we will keep the infection rate to manageable levels.

Take care and get well soon!

To anyone reading this I'm sorry to have gone off-topic but lights come second to life.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back