Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ignore dupe - FM amplifier/booster

justk2020

Trainee
Hi,

I have a 2004 Turbo (most/bose).

The fm reception has always been bad.

I am replacing the head unit and the fm is non existing (using a fakra to din adapter).

I read about the radio amplifier and it seems the white wire going into A5 in the factory harness is relevant. Though i am a bit confused about how it powers the amp.

Unlike all the other sockets in the A plug (which deliver power TO the head unit)...does this one take power out to the amp? If so, what typically supplies the power. I am guessing that it should be supplied from any present ignition on 12v? Right?

Also, i am replace the fakra adapter with a new one with a built in a amp...is there any issue with having two amps?

P.s. i know i may find that the factory fm amp is dead...as i had a bad signal before and these apparently have issues.

Many help in advance.

Regards

Karl

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back