Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gotta sort this little dent it''s annoying me.

wilpert

Indianapolis
Caught it on the edge of my electric gates when I was driving out.
It's pretty minor but I'm not sure where to go to get it sorted.
I'm potentially selling the car as per my other posts but I'll want to get it done pre sale even if I do sell so I need to sort summat out.

Does it look like much of a job or would a good repairer be able to fill it and blend it?

Attachments

• 48b21338_a60e_4167_af66_697f324b3112_203.jpeg
    48b21338_a60e_4167_af66_697f324b3112_203.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 489
  • 1177cf67_9ea0_49c6_9396_69befd8978d2_155.jpeg
    1177cf67_9ea0_49c6_9396_69befd8978d2_155.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 489
As it's broken the paint it's going to be repaint job..but I'm sure you know that anyway. Localised smart repair is a possibility if you know someone good and your selling the car but to do it properly it's a rear bumper off job..

Silver is always difficult to match up due to the flip in the metallic flake. Even porsche approved body shops struggle to match panel edge to panel edge and will often want to blend in to an adjacent panel..

It's a difficult one with silver as you can end up chasing the blend round the panels to lose it..

I scratched a rear quarter panel on my 996 and even though I used an approved Porsche body shop I was never quite happy one it had been painted. Yet on another 986 I had the rear PU bumper painted due to a similar scratch to yours and it's was completely faultless and unnoticeable.

You may be lucky but just watch the edge to edge match.

Hmmm... I think I'll get it booked it for a good looking at and see what my options are. I'm not looking to save money and if I decide to keep the car, I'll consider getting the black bits, side scoops bumper grilles etc painted in gloss black. This was on my radar when I'd just bought the car and I didn't get around to it.
I've seen a couple of tts some in this way and it looks really sharp, that and I just feel the semi Matt plastic looks cheap on suck a good car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back