Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fuel smell in cabin

sparkywig

Monza
I have an intermittent fuel smell in the cabin after filling the car, sometimes from full to half a tank, but other times around the 3/4 tank mark.
I've replaced the fuel filler cap as the sealing gasket had deteriorated, but this hasn't cured the issue.
There's no sign of any fuel spillage around the filler neck either.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

And before you say use the search function, I've tried that.
It just loads all the forum threads. I've never been able to use the search function. :?:

I have the same issue, have heard it's a common problem, I'm still investigating this, does your tank build up pressure? Ie when you remove the petrol cap do you get a hiss? I have this on mine and it's not correct so is leading me down a certain path to check other items.
I will keep you update

I have this too - my garage changed the carbon canister (which is behind the o/s wheel arch liner) but it still happens occasionally.

The mobile mechanic I now use noticed the smell when he was doing some work so requires some more investigation.

Car is currently in storage as my garage is being rebuilt, but I will need to resolve in 2022 when I get it back so any other experiences/pointers welcome.

There's no pressure release when I remove the fuel cap.
I'll investigate the breather set up further.

In terms of searching on the forum, if you change the criteria to 'search for all terms', you will get a more targeted result.

Otherwise you are searching for an post with the word 'fuel', 'smell', 'in', or 'cabin' within the text - and the word 'in' is quite a common word.

Try 'fuel smell' on 'search for all terms'.

That's my last good deed for 2021 :)

If you search using the word "and" between your search words it will come up with posts that actually have all those works in the results.

eg, fuel and smell and cabin in the 996 forum drop down will give you more specific results

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cchrysos
Back