Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front number plate

I fixed mine by getting a heat gun or a hot iron and heating the area around the hole so the plastic becomes pliable then pushing the plastic back into the hole. Then finish it off with a glue gun and trim it back with a file or a sharp hobby knife. The result was actually quite good and looked passable as a repair.

easternjets said:
I fixed mine by getting a heat gun or a hot iron and heating the area around the hole so the plastic becomes pliable then pushing the plastic back into the hole. Then finish it off with a glue gun and trim it back with a file or a sharp hobby knife. The result was actually quite good and looked passable as a repair.

I was thinking some gel coat repair that I have left over from a boat repair....I also though about the heat gun/glue gun approach, but the car has ppt on the front so wasn't sure how that would react....then I thought its a two year old car the dealer can fix it, so sent them an email and it will be looked at when they re open....that and a few scratches on the targa roll bar....so (mild) panic over !!

I decided to move mine......

1FmDwPn.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back