Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

From a 997.1 to 997.2...in a month!

SteveDee

Early July bought a 2005 Arctic Silver 997.1, C2S, Tip, Cabriolet.
Great car, but following a trip to Porsche Nottingham over £2K of repairs (at Indy prices) were found.
After a discussion with the retailer they offered a refund, which we took.

At this point the question arose:
Could a 997 be a daily driver?
Should we PX our 2017 F80 M3?
The answer was Yes & Yes.

At this juncture the budget would now get us into a 997.2 PDK.
So after a trip to Mastercars, Hitchin (nice guys) we did a deal on a 2009, C2S. PDK.

First impressions...this is a very different car to the Dot1.
The PDK is as rifle bolt rapid as the M3. The Direct Injection engine pulls much harder, the ride is comfortable but it corners like nothing I've ever driven to date.
As we know the Sat Nav is an improvement, can play music off the phone & make hands free calls. Does anyone know if you can Blu Tooth music into the system?

Off course the weather forecast this week is crap, but the roof will be off unless its raining fairly hard.

Its been an unpredicatble few weeks of car ownership to say the least.
Never thought I'd own a 911, just couldn't see the attraction. But like most converts...I BELIEVE!!!

ey-Jr-ZXki-Oi-Ju-ZHN0b2-Nr-L2lt-YWdlcy9zd-G9jay9i-OWEw-ZDQ5-ZGFk-Zj-Yx-OGE2-ZTZi-Yj-Aw-MDdh-Mm-Q2-ND.jpg

:goodjob:

Congrats on your second 911, it sounds like it won't be your last. :grin:

Congrats :thumb:

Definitely the right move.

Do you have the iPod input in your armrest?
If so, buy the iPod adaptor Y-cable from Porsche £25), and a Bovee 1000 Bluetooth adapter (£90ish) - the bovee plugs into the old style Apple 30pin connector.

Or stump up a bit more cash and get a new head unit. (If you have Bose or multichanger you need an extra wiring loom which is pricey)

T8 said:

Might be all the car I ever need TBH.

James M-S said:
Congrats :thumb:

Definitely the right move.

Do you have the iPod input in your armrest?
If so, buy the iPod adaptor Y-cable from Porsche £25), and a Bovee 1000 Bluetooth adapter (£90ish) - the bovee plugs into the old style Apple 30pin connector.

Or stump up a bit more cash and get a new head unit. (If you have Bose or multichanger you need an extra wiring loom which is pricey)

Might just stick with a £2 cable then :wink:

SteveDee said:
T8 said:

Might be all the car I ever need TBH.

I said that about my last two. :floor:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members