Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fog Lights Replaced! Wow ( for 997 GEN 1)

Mr 911

Trainee
Hi there folks

I recently decided to change my factory fitted Fog Lights on my GEN1 997 C2S for some Dectane OEM Day-Light Running Lights with centre LED strip.

Essentially, these are just a plug & play installation. They were very easy fit by simply sliding a credit card style card into the top left & right side of each light to release the retaining lug. (see available YouTube clips)

There are 3 leads, one for the Indicator, one for the Fog Light & one for the LED strip.

I paid, what I consider to be an amazing price of just £255.00 all in, and they were delivered the following day with a 12 month guarantee. When compared to other sites & suppliers, they were by far the cheapest!

They are fantastic and a real cosmetic improvement to the standard factory fitted Fog Lights. I have attached a picture for comparison purposes, and some pictures of the lights themselves.

If anyone is interested in buying a set of these lights, then please PM me, and I will provide you with the contact details of the chap who supplied these to me supplier. He's a super chap and extremely helpful.

Please note however, that these lights are strictly for 997 GEN 1 cars and WILL NOT fit 997 GEN 2's.

B W & stay safe,

Attachments

• img_0374_888.png
    img_0374_888.png
    852.2 KB · Views: 1,294
  • img_0375_149.png
    img_0375_149.png
    721.9 KB · Views: 1,294
  • img_0376_979.png
    img_0376_979.png
    760.1 KB · Views: 1,294
  • img_0372_100.png
    img_0372_100.png
    884.1 KB · Views: 1,275
This is a picture of the factory fitted Fog Light v the Dectane Fog Light

B W

Mr 911

Attachments

• comparison_491.png
    comparison_491.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,268
Very nice. There's a very simple trick you can do with a £1 diode to make the 'fog light' function work as a DRL as intended

Sean-B said:
Very nice. There's a very simple trick you can do with a £1 diode to make the 'fog light' function work as a DRL as intended

Do you have details of the diode?

thanks
Marc

msangs1 said:
Sean-B said:

Do you have details of the diode?

thanks
Marc
Agree what's that about then?

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back