Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Final Bugatti Veyron 16.4 sold, end of an era

Porsche News

The inevitable has finally occurred as Bugatti has sold the 300th and last Veyron 16.4 to a customer in Europe.

Essentially an automotive masterpiece, the Veyron featured an 8.0-liter quad-turbocharged sixteen-cylinder engine with 1,001 PS (736 kW / 987 hp) and 1,250 Nm (922 lb-ft) of torque. This enabled the bespoke supercar to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 2.5 seconds and hit a top speed of 407 km/h (253 mph).

While the cessation of the coupe is sad news, Bugatti will continue to produce the Veyron Grand Sport until all 150 units have been sold.

As Bugatti President Wolfgang Dürheimer noted, "In the Veyron, the Bugatti team has created a vehicle that has already become an icon of automotive history. Both technologically and in terms of design, the Veyron is still far ahead of its time." He added, "The Grand Sport is a further pinnacle of achievement in the open-top sports car segment, and we intend to maintain the same standard in our future Bugatti products."

Attachments

• bugatti_veyron_685.jpg
    bugatti_veyron_685.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 4,264
damm, I was just about to hit the "buy-it-now" button! :evil:

Wait until the new model comes out, it's bound to hit residuals.

MC

How much do you actually reckon they cost to produce??

300 x £860K equals a cool £258,000,000! I'm in the wrong business!!

Apparently build cost is about £5M per car, but that includes development costs.
It seems Bugatti are in the wrong business!!

MC

MisterCorn said:
Apparently build cost is about £5M per car, but that includes development costs.
It seems Bugatti are in the wrong business!!

MC

--

YIKES! :eek:

MisterCorn said:

MC

Residuals are already not so great on the Veyron. As a dealer, they are one of the most difficult cars to sell due to the staggering running costs on them.

Regards
G

Elite Detailing said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

Residuals are already not so great on the Veyron. As a dealer, they are one of the most difficult cars to sell due to the staggering running costs on them.

Regards
G

--

Hi G, what's the cost of a major service on the Veyron, just out of interest? :?:

The Beast said:
Elite Detailing said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

Regards
G

--

Hi G, what's the cost of a major service on the Veyron, just out of interest? :?:

Hi

A basic service is starts from around 15k but most are from 20-30k.

Tyres need changing every 3k, and a full set is 25k.

Wheels need changing every third set of tyres, at 7k per wheel.

Car will need an annual check up, even if its not driven. This of course isn't free.

An extended warranty is 50k a year, after a passed inspection of course.

It just gets crazy, it puts it all in perspective when say an Enzo basic service is around 2k.

Regards
G :thumb:

The Beast said:
How much do you actually reckon they cost to produce??

300 x £860K equals a cool £258,000,000! I'm in the wrong business!!

You need a photocopier.

Those figures are bonkers! I'd heard that the tyres are around £7 a corner but those servicing costs defy belief!

Never has there been a car so firmly placed in the 'money is definitely no object whatsoever' bracket. Especially when you consider that the top speed figure is pretty much unusable and that something like a £38,000 Atom will probably beat one off the line on a good day! (I'm trying to work out how many Atoms you could get for a new Veyron...?!) :?:

Elite Detailing said:
The Beast said:
Elite Detailing said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

Regards
G

--

Hi

A basic service is starts from around 15k but most are from 20-30k.

Tyres need changing every 3k, and a full set is 25k.

Wheels need changing every third set of tyres, at 7k per wheel.

Car will need an annual check up, even if its not driven. This of course isn't free.

An extended warranty is 50k a year, after a passed inspection of course.

It just gets crazy, it puts it all in perspective when say an Enzo basic service is around 2k.

Regards
G :thumb:

--

G. U. L. P. !!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

That is just mad!!

Give me the Enzo or the Murcielago any day.

I may have to quote this on the forum..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back