Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

EuroCup Intake Issues

Didn't quite pick up if you replaced the MAF in all this, but if running well, guess you don't need to. Its a consumable item with open filters and having one on hand to eliminate it as a potential adjuster to tune is well worth it.

I put a towel over the K&N in mine when I wash it and try not to park in the rain, last MAF died that way

Hi Clarkie. Cavendish replaced the MAF as part of their extremely limited diagnosis over 4 weeks last year. On picking up the car after their 'work' with the EuroCup on it ran worse than ever which is when the penny dropped for me. With Cavendish probably leaving the car outside for extended periods in the rain the filters would have absorbed a lot of water, hence running like a bag of $#{¥. As soon as I put the 997 airbox on it transformed the running and another step change was the Fabspeed. The rolling road with 3D mapping last week was the icing on the cake as this pulled everything together. When I wash the car I put a plastic bag over each cone filter. On removal I'm always astonished on how wet the bags are, so this gives me additional assurance that the water was the main root cause to the filters getting blocked.

Also prior to the mapping I replaced the oil filler tube (pain and it shouldn't have been) and modified the Fabspeed heat shield so the oil tube could be clipped in properly. I'll add some photos later.

TB given a good clean with carb cleaner prior to refitting as it was a bit grubby. Removed as part of replacing oil filler tube. With the TB removed it should have given plenty of access for the 2 bolts (working blind) of the oil filler tubes and then......

Attachments

• image_750.jpeg
    image_750.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 4,969
I had to remove the alternator as I was having difficulty getting on the head of one of the oil filler tube bolts (I was working blind). Once the alternator was removed I couldn't believe my eyes. During a previous replacement of the oil filler tube some idiot must have dropped the bolt and not bothered trying to recover it and fit it properly. Evidence of years of oil spray on the engine.

Attachments

• image_952.jpeg
    image_952.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 4,964
Hello Chris, do you mean recent history to this thread or previous owner/service history?

916v996 said:
Hello Chris, do you mean recent history to this thread or previous owner/service history?

Previous - just curious how somebody could 'loose a bolt' and just leave it?

8 out of the 10 service stamps are OPC with the other 2 being RSJ and Autofarm. I can't imagine for a minute a fellow professional engineer from the likes of those shops would have just left it, hence my 'some idiot' comment, which is perhaps a lttle harsh. I think a PO may have tried changing it. I've got a pile of receipts so if I have a spare hour I'll have a scan through. Lesson for some owners - if you think your out your depth you probably are.

916v996 said:
8 out of the 10 service stamps are OPC with the other 2 being RSJ and Autofarm. I can't imagine for a minute a fellow professional engineer from the likes of those shops would have just left it, hence my 'some idiot' comment, which is perhaps a lttle harsh. I think a PO may have tried changing it. I've got a pile of receipts so if I have a spare hour I'll have a scan through. Lesson for some owners - if you think your out your depth you probably are.

Well, I would not rule out previous 'professional' engineers TBH. Not accusing them but assumptions are sometimes wrong. I discovered a 'hidden' bodge from a respected indy a few weeks ago - no big deal but it reminded me it can sometimes (rarely) happen.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back