Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Error Messages on 2.7 Boxster

FZP

Zandvoort
So the World's Fastest Boxster has spat the dummy. A few months back, i had an exhaust leak at the junction of back box and elbow. It threw up a P2096 and P2098 Ageing O2 sensor. Given if changed the left bank post cat 02 sensor a couple of years earlier, this seemed like a red herring. Unique cleared the codes and then it was cool for a few months, right untili i was about to head off on my road trip in the Dark Knight.
When Mrs P collected me from the airport, she said tge CEL started blinking on tge way there and it wasn't running nicely.
It's been parked up since, so yesterday i had the time to pull the rear bar off and sort the exhaust leak. That all went swimmingly, but using my OBD scanner it threw up the following codes. Whats the consensus, that if i change the post cat O2 sensor on the right bank that it should sort the rest out?
TIA

Screenshot_20231029_113841.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
how did you get on this this ?

After i reseated the exhaust leak, i lost the O2 sensor error and was left with the 3 cylinder misfires. Unit 11 suggested it may be related to a dodgy cam solenoid.(?) from memory. Hopefully collect the car today to confirm.

Cam position sensor. Can't see a variocam solenoid popping up ignition timing issues. May be wrong though......I'm not always right :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

We’re overdue an update on this with the car’s passing

I did write a small ode to a fallen friend in the post below.
In the new year, I'll have time to figure out as to what will replace it. 981 and TTRS are the current front runners for Mrs P's new daily. The quattro actually makes more sense for her during winter drives to and from work
We shall see.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back