Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DSC sports controller bulk purchase

So long as you are able to get on your knees its the easiest mod ever lol all ready for some better weather now
Swopped the wheels over last w.end and I was bloody stiff after doing it, all ready for some summer driving ☀️IMG_5248.jpeg

Well…….It does what it says on the tin!!!! Took it down the local B road that I have drove for 40years on bikes and cars and had big accidents on😂 Compared to std it was like a different car. You could hear the bumps but could not really feel them.
Have done the road loads with the roof down and the windows rattled when shifting but not today even with PASM on hard, just felt really planted,👍🏻
IMG_5358.jpegIMG_5360.jpeg

I think if anybody is thinking of getting one you will not be disappointed, just shop about.
Dean

HI All,
So here is maybe the final answer to buying a DSC!!!
I took the Mrs for a blast up the the Fav B road, was not to warm but she said put the roof down so i can see where it usually rattles the windows, as we got out of town she said straight away that windows did not rattle and i even went over bumps that i have moved away from for years.
we went one way in normal for about 10miles and turned round and came back in sport and hard and its the 1st time she has ever told me to slow down lol She did say we could of gone to Malta for a week for what i spent on the DSC but she could feel the difference.

Dean

Finally brought a 991.2 DCS controller direct from them in the US in the end. Worked out surprisingly cost effective. Will have a 991.1 DSC controller available with up to date config files etc if anyone is interested.

Swopped the wheels over last w.end and I was bloody stiff after doing it, all ready for some summer driving ☀️

Swopped the wheels over last w.end and I was bloody stiff after doing it, all ready for some summer driving ☀️View attachment 99195
It's not that hard! Although it might be easier if you jack up the 997 from the rear jacking point and do both wheels on the same side when it's off the ground.

It's not that hard! Although it might be easier if you jack up the 997 from the rear jacking point and do both wheels on the same side when it's off the ground.
Does jacking the back up lift both? 1st time i have done it as usually take to my mate at ATS, and had to take them of again as the summer wheels do not like the wheel spacers and vibrate.
Cheers for the advise Dean

Finally brought a 991.2 DCS controller direct from them in the US in the end. Worked out surprisingly cost effective. Will have a 991.1 DSC controller available with up to date config files etc if anyone is interested.
Let me know when it is available please :) Thank you

Does jacking the back up lift both? 1st time i have done it as usually take to my mate at ATS, and had to take them of again as the summer wheels do not like the wheel spacers and vibrate.
Cheers for the advise Dean
If you jack up the car from the jacking point in front of the rear wheel, the chassis is more than stiff enough to lift both rims on that side up into the air for a wheel change. I would suggest chocks on the other side and use of a spare wheel underneath the sill for safety.

I get wheel wobble with ordinary hub centric (ie non-triple flanged) 7mm spacers up front but not with 12mm... but helps to keep all the surfaces clean.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back