Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Decent mats for 996 any reccomendations?

Buy genuine Porsche... because you're worth it!

Ask nicely and you should be able get 10% off, or find a friendly PCGB member to buy them for you. Genuine new mats often come-up on ebay too, try 9Apart

You probably only want front mats so the usual advice is buy Boxster mats from Porsche

Design 911, genuine factory fitted floor mats and you can buy just the front pair come complete with new disc fasteners.

Plenty of 10% discount codes

In my limited experience (plus lots of posts on this site), Design911 are never cheaper than the OPC for genuine Porsche parts.

maldren said:
In my limited experience (plus lots of posts on this site), Design911 are never cheaper than the OPC for genuine Porsche parts.

I do agree, but sometimes you drop on. The mats I purchased were cheaper than at sheffield/leeds OPC

Go OEM Porsche 996 front mats only. 10% discount for car club owners, but shop around dealerships . Porsche Bolton are usually competitive and will post. Mine were less than £100 post IIRC.

The quality of the new Porsche mats is now nowhere near the quality of the original mats but I would still go Porsche as aftermarket however good the quality will not have the logo and can just look a little bit cheap IMO.

why are a lot of websites selling mats specifying Bose system or no Bose system?

what difference does the door speakers make to the mats?

thanks

why are a lot of websites selling mats specifying Bose system or no Bose system?

thanks

ashtonjay said:

thanks

Some versions of the Bose system have the subwoofer on the rear shelf. Others (possibly the cabriolet?) have it in an enclosure in the passenger footwell. So I'd guess there are specific mats to go around the sub enclosure.

sp1ke said:
ashtonjay said:

thanks

Some versions of the Bose system have the subwoofer on the rear shelf. Others (possibly the cabriolet?) have it in an enclosure in the passenger footwell. So I'd guess there are specific mats to go around the sub enclosure.

Yes, 996 cab with bose option has the sub woofer in passenger footwell, so different shaped mat.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back