Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Crit''Air vignette (ULEZ in France)

TobesEtc

Mexico City
Our French cousins have introduced Crit'Air vignette which is basically a form of ULEZ. Covers big cities, notably for me, Rouen - as I drive through there to Le Mans (as do many of us). From what I read, pre-'97 cars are ineligible.

Anyone know if there is a potential route through Rouen avoiding the area?

As an FYI I have asked the ACO, as I am a member and it'll effect them a load.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2...-must-show-clean-air-sticker-in-french-cities

Rouen is new. So, does anyone actually know if you can drive through the main road (Rouen difficult to avoid if going from Calais to Le Mans) without needing a sticker?

I'd have thought if it's not Autoroute and Rouen is now included, you'll need a sticker.

Just out of interest, what are the implications of not having a Clean Air Sticker as a Brit car in France? Will a fine arrive in the post?
Having just completed a little to Germany, while parking Bad Pyrmont, I noticed all the cars parked outside the hotel had the same green sticker, top of windscreen. I've been back a few weeks, no fine arrived yet 🤷"â™€ï¸

Rallyeman said:
Just out of interest, what are the implications of not having a Clean Air Sticker as a Brit car in France? Will a fine arrive in the post?
Having just completed a little to Germany, while parking Bad Pyrmont, I noticed all the cars parked outside the hotel had the same green sticker, top of windscreen. I've been back a few weeks, no fine arrived yet 🤷"â™€ï¸

The clean air zones are only in specific areas but as the number of these are increasing all the time, and the stickers aren't expensive to buy, drivers in those countries tend to just get one.

If travelling from the UK it's easy to find out if you're likely to entering an emissions zone and, if you are, it makes sense to get one.

I don't know whether it's something that cameras can catch you with or whether it's an 'on-the-spot' thing but either way it's probably not worth taking the risk. It might not be just a fine - If you're parked up and away from your car it might get towed away.

I've been in the Reims zone a few times and that's still a manual stop and fine. The cameras are due to start soon, so I acquired the sticker.

For Germany, I've been going to Stuttgart and Zuffenhausen for years and have no sticker. Never been stopped or fined.

T8 said:
Rallyeman said:

The clean air zones are only in specific areas but as the number of these are increasing all the time, and the stickers aren't expensive to buy, drivers in those countries tend to just get one.

If travelling from the UK it's easy to find out if you're likely to entering an emissions zone and, if you are, it makes sense to get one.

I don't know whether it's something that cameras can catch you with or whether it's an 'on-the-spot' thing but either way it's probably not worth taking the risk. It might not be just a fine - If you're parked up and away from your car it might get towed away.

Towed away !!! Didn't know that was an possible option :eek:

Rallyeman said:
Towed away !!! Didn't know that was an possible option :eek:

I don't know that it is but I have heard that when cameras are in use the fines will definitely be heftier.

My point was, that for the sake of a few quid, why not just buy one.

Magic919 said:
I've been in the Reims zone a few times and that's still a manual stop and fine. The cameras are due to start soon, so I acquired the sticker.

For Germany, I've been going to Stuttgart and Zuffenhausen for years and have no sticker. Never been stopped or fined.
The green German sticker is/(was - Brexit?) easy to get. I've had one for several years in my 1995 993.
However, the French issue is a bit more concerning as I drive an earlier vehicle.

German one is simple to get.

A car of that age won't be able to get the French Crit'Air sticker.

The French one is dead easy to get and only costs a few of Euros. Took me all of ten minutes to process. And it arrived a few days later.

Coming back through Rouen this year was bliss, as so many others took circular routes 👍

The French one is dead easy to get and only costs a few of Euros. Took me all of ten minutes to process. And it arrived a few days later.

Coming back through Rouen this year was bliss, as so many others took circular routes 👍
That was my experience as well. A few Euros and turned up in the post.

I thought that since Brexit the UK doesn't share driver/car details with EU countries any more, so have always worked on the principle that nothing would plop onto your doormat? Has something changed?

I remember getting flashed by a camera on one of the French Autoroutes in 2016 and was expecting a fine through the post but when I checked it had been a few weeks since the data sharing had come to an end.

Either way probably safest to get the required stickers where poss and keep your head down!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back