Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Convertible / soft top lubrication

Thunderace

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi guys

My top is squeaking a bit so I tried searching for a soft top maintenance thread, I'm sure there is one but I find this forums search system a bit "special" at best. I found some info on another forum but I wont link it here. Anyhow the servicing appears to require 3 lubricants: -

• Osixo Anti squeak 557 i(a fluorinated lubricant) Which is the same as Krytox 105 I believe.
    Krytox GPL 205 (High performance grease).
    Castrol Optitemp LG 2 (fully synthetic lithium grease on a polyalphaolefin base).

It took me a while to find a decent supplier of Krytox other than the tiny tins on ebay/amazon for computer keyboards but then I found GBR Technology Ltd, they stock Krytox and at a very reasonable price, usually they only sell to trade but are willing to take orders over the telephone which was a really fast and polite service (they don't have a webshop).

ML Performance do the Castrol Optitemp LG 2

Hope that helps someone.

Would be interested in a step by step guide to lubricating the mechanism if any one has one 👍

grbspeedster said:
Would be interested in a step by step guide to lubricating the mechanism if any one has one 👍

I could link the guys PDF but that's unfair and plagiarism so i'll just link his post which includes a PDF, it's for a 997 but can't be much different.

Potential life saver - the rattles on my hard top and soft top are infuriating!

I used to think my roof rattled and squeaked a lot until I refreshed my suspension and the car is now almost squeak, rattle and knock free...

Aerosol Lithium grease to lubricate but don't get it on the fabric.

½cwt said:
Aerosol Lithium grease to lubricate but don't get it on the fabric.

Each to their own of course but Krytox (105/205 GPL) is very expensive for a reason and most of the maintenance points shouldn't be greased.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cchrysos
Back