Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cigarette lighter mod for CTEK trickle charger

Tobesetc said:
I have often wondered if it could be mounted someplace hidden that didn't require opening the bonnet - in a front air duct or wheelarch maybe?
The best solution I've seen, by far, can be seen at the link below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPsz24NlkEh/

A magnetic connecter hidden away within the front air duct.

WVwb4S4.png

It's a shame Andy's recently moved on from 993 ownership - his innovative and engineering mind will be missed!

ch3tman said:
Tobesetc said:
I have often wondered if it could be mounted someplace hidden that didn't require opening the bonnet - in a front air duct or wheelarch maybe?
The best solution I've seen, by far, can be seen at the link below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPsz24NlkEh/

A magnetic connecter hidden away within the front air duct.

WVwb4S4.png

It's a shame Andy's recently moved on from 993 ownership - his innovative and engineering mind will be missed!

I have one of those magnetic connectors on my charger, it was used for charging my grandsons electric Drover Land Rover. I fitted it as he was always driving it out of the garage without unplugging it. I have thought of fitting to underside of nearside bumper corner, might look into this when my bumper is back from bodyshop.

Attachments

• 3965f10f_d7c0_4e0a_aa45_e2ee3cb51456_1_201_a_527.jpeg
    3965f10f_d7c0_4e0a_aa45_e2ee3cb51456_1_201_a_527.jpeg
    962.7 KB · Views: 378
I really like that magnetic connector... this has to be done!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back