Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre Air Vent Tab / Adjuster Broken

chowgar

Spa-Francorchamps
Does anyone know if the adjuster tab clips off in order to replace it? The rubber on mine has torn. Thanks folks.

As a Porsche part it's all one entire unit. You could pick up a used one and give it a go. The vent removes easily enough as there are two retaining spring clips, but three hands would be useful.

This will help:

You might be better off gently levering a couple of vanes out of the spring & retainer.
Otherwise you've still got to unglue & split the unit after you've done the dash removal k with an 🐙 to help!)

Gluing the rubber tab back might help.
NB if the adjuster comes adrift, it's sided, so check correct movement left to right before gluing.

Happened to me when my 997.1 was 5 years old and also to the driver side vent. A common issue apparently. Porsche wanted stupid money to replace the units. I just lived with it.

Does anyone know if this repairable under Porsche Warranty?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back