Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne 958 Transmission Service

Pops

Monza
Having performed faultlessly on a long trip to The Dordogne and back recently, I decided to treat my Cayenne to a transmission service.

Although the odometer read only 101,000 miles at the time of the service, I am not a great fan of extended service intervals so decided to have this done well ahead of time. I had already changed the transfer box and both diff fluids.

The original transmission fluid had gone quite dark in colour and there was evidence of some metal shavings on the magnets.

The company which I entrusted the work to; Automatic Gearbox Centre in Hove (A family run business and a friendly bunch, who provided very good service) mentioned that they had seen a lot worse at that mileage, but nevertheless felt that 100,000 miles was the upper mileage limit at which a transmission service should be carried out.

I thought the cost of £280 plus vat, which included new fluid, filter, gasket and seals to Porsche spec was very reasonable, given that OPC prices are over £1k for this procedure.

Although I had not been experiencing any problems with gear changes, once the service had been completed, the gear changes seemed much smoother!

Attachments

• img_0683_197.jpg
    img_0683_197.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 2,820

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back