Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carrera Classic wheels - how are they refurbished?

OttoOtto

Nurburgring
On a few spokes on mine (6 out of 40 spokes) the lacquer is compromised...the rest are as per the other photo. They haven't got any worse in 16 months as I avoid wheel cleaner and keep them coated.

But it made me wonder how this can be refurbished without losing the diamond cut iridescent look (i.e. it's grooved rather than polished)? If the alloy is not damaged, do they remove the old lacquer and re-apply? I've read that the diamond cut surface doesn't readily accept repainting but it takes the factory lacquer ok :?:

Attachments

• img_0143_634.jpg
    img_0143_634.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,855
  • img_0317_149.jpg
    img_0317_149.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,855
Sorry Otto, I can't advise myself, however I would highly recommend you give Chris at Excel Wheels a call. He can give you his advice based on years of experience and also give you a quote to repair. He can also supply a spare set of wheels to use, while you are waiting :thumbs:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back