Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C2 Coupe for - Now Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eire911

Silverstone
Folks,

Haven't been on the forum for a while.

Due to a few recent changes in circumstances/priorities (new baby and impending house move) my pride and joy is reluctantly up for sale.

A few details -

UK Spec 1991 911 964 C2 Coupe Manual 117k Miles, right-hand drive, non-air con. (bought new and registered here in Ireland - UK registration is very straight-forward and costs around £50)

Exterior (Black/Schwartz) -

Fully resprayed to a high standard in the past year (front and rear screens, sill covers all removed and the only minor bit of rust found was at the passenger side corner of the rear screen - this was cut out and fixed properly. All of the rubbers and seals were replaced at the this time along with original porsche rear lights, reflector and all amber indicators (at a criminal cost from the OPC!). The car lives in a heated dehumidified garage and doesn't see anything but sunny days. Paint has been regularly treated with high quality G Techniq ceramic based products and is pretty much flawless. I fitted a set of original Porsche later style teardrop mirrors but have the original flag type too.

Wheels -

I have 2 sets both with N rated Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tires fitted. First set are standard 17" Cup 1s and the second set are reasonably rare period 18" Porsche Techart 6 spoke wheels (see pics) tyres are brand new (both sets of wheels have been professionally refurbed in the last few months.

A few pretty poor pics (better ones to follow as car currently with the engine builder for 1000 mile post run-in service)

"‹Interior (Pic shows original comfort seats however I recently upgraded these to recaro sports seats which were professionally recovered with Porsche (sourced from Southbound) leather - details below)

All Black. In excellent original condition with professionally re-covered original 964 Recaro sports seats (done properly with original Porsche smooth leather (Southbound sourced) with correct perforated centres as per factory). Picture shows original comfort seats which I still have.

Black carpets with original black Porsche over mats in excellent condition.

New original Porsche factory leather gear knob/gaiter and new black Momo Prototipo steering wheel (original immaculate 4 spoke standard factory leather wheel also available).

Headlining and all interior trim in very good and complete condition.

Suspension -

"‹Bilstein B6 shocks with H&R Purple springs (slightly lower than standard) with H&R uprated front and rear anti-roll bars fitted brand new around about a year ago"‹ and fully re-bushed front and rear at the same time. I had the car professionally aligned and corner weighted at the same time.

Brakes -

All standard with new Porsche discs and pads fitted all round about 1k miles ago.

Engine, Gearbox and Clutch -

Fully rebuilt engine (top and bottom) completed about 3 months ago (see full detailed build thread here -

http://www.classiccarreras.com/964 Engine/964 Engine.html

This was a standard full rebuild apart from uprated 993 head studs and all new tinware, fan etc powder coated and all visible clips/fixings zinc plated to factory spec (no unnecessary/unsightly bling!). I also added a very nice custom made stainless 'Turbo Thomas' exhaust system which sounds fantastic (just a little deeper than standard with zero drone at any speed - really accentuates the flat six sound) I have the original system if preferred. I also fitted Rennline upper and lower valve covers and new gaskets (not pictured in the rebuild thread - added later).

There was a new light-weight flywheel and RS clutch fitted at the same time

Gearbox is the standard 5 speed G50 which is smooth and quiet. New gearbox mounts and stabiliser bush fitted and also new engine mounts (RS).

The car has a full and complete service history with all receipts present - I just spent the last hour totaling up the receipts - more than €40K (I look over my shoulder for my wife as I type that!!) spent by me alone in the last 2.5 years (all fully documented) to bring it to what I would describe as close to a new but still very useable 964 as money can buy.

As you can see from the money and love I have lavished on this car, selling was the very last thing on my mind but our baby boy arriving in the last 2 months and now an impending house move (to a house with no garage!) means my priorities have changed and unfortunately that means selling my P&J!!

I'm sure there's a few things I've forgotten but I think that's the crux of it.

Feel free to PM me and I will share my direct contact details with anyone who'd like to discuss in more detail.

Thanks for looking!

Best,
Richard

That sounds like the dogs gonads for somebody 8)

daffy-duck_zps8717f2b7.gif

GLWTS :thumb:

Sounds and looks super. good luck. I think black is my fave 964 colour :)

hi Richard.
sorry to here you're letting the 964 go. you haven't even been able to enjoy the newly rebuilt engine. Get rid of that BMW and keep the 964 :)

Thanks for the comments guys...truly gutted to have to let this car go after all that I've put into getting it exactly how I wanted it but all the man maths in the world won't allow me to keep it!

Somebody will be getting a seriously sorted C2 that's ready to enjoy at what I feel is a fair price.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back