Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Becker Cascade for sale £250 + Postage

jonttt

Monaco
I don't know the seller but this came up for sale on the boxer forum and it caught my eye as its a very good price.........if anyone is interested PM me your details and I'm pass them onto the seller :thumb:

Advert:
http://www.boxa.net/forum/topic/883...e-7944-for-sale/?tab=comments#comment-1190041

' The Becker is in very good physical condition and perfect working order, complete with a lot of the kit that would originally have come with it. I bought it secondhand from Rob Marrs on eBay, who sells a lot of these, about 6 years ago. It comes complete with the manual, installation manual and a number of other Becker pieces of paper and the start-up CD and a compact flash card with European maps on it (which I think it is version 5). I have the GPS unit which I had connected and the satnav worked fine in the UK and on trips to France and Germany. I also have the plug-in microphone for voice control and telephone, which I had not installed and can't tell you if that works. I have the security code, a set of removal keys and the little case in which the removable control unit goes into (and the little red replacement thingy for it).

Full specifications available online, but it has the twin radio receivers, which are usual for Becker, plays CDs in the head unit (including ones you have recorded) and can control a Becker CD changer. It has an OLED display with 15 colour choices, the orange of which works well in a Porsche and a pretty effective range of tone controls and pre-programmed EQ settings. Satnav is by spoken command (male or female voice selectable) and on screen, which is remarkably clear and easy to follow for a single DIN unit. 30 watts RMS may seem low by modern standards, but was plenty for me even with the top down (although I did eventually add an Audison amp and modified the speakers to a 3-way set-up).

The unit works perfectly, though I never had it connected by bluetooth to a phone or to the mic. The screen has a slight mark, which isn't visible when installed, the buttons are showing slight signs of use and the Becker label on the bottom is a bit worn (you slide that to unlatch the control unit in the faceplate). Otherwise, the only damage is that the right hand spring clip has its end missing; it was like that when I bought the unit and I've had no problem fitting it into the Boxster, nor can it be pulled out without the keys, despite the damage. I have some photos that are too large to upload and can send to you if you ping me with contact details on the forum.

This unit has been sitting on eBay for a while (not listed now) and has had some interest but no bites. Rob Marrs is still advertising these at around the price I paid years ago, but I'll be sensible about price recognising that this is now a fairly niche product. Offers around £250, please. It weighs a bit, so we'll have to discuss postage costs or arrange collection. Any questions, just ask. Thanks"

Nb this was originally sourced from the same eBay seller I bought mine from.....he is a well known reseller

Great period radios, I have 2 with Jon's fixed camera hack, very useful.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back