Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone just bought any of the 4 993's sold by 911 Virgin!

What a cracking buy at that price.

If its mechanically sound the pics show easy fix cosmetics eg the end caps are c£12, you can get a new top cap for the gear stick and even new leather.

Frustratingly the most expensive would be the handbrake lever as the alu S ones are pretty expensive :nooo:

ballcock said:
Another 993/G Wagener! :thumb:
I think we may have a few mutual friends in the G world.
Is your rally G a 460?

Its a 460 chassis/ body being converted to run on G55 axles/ transfer box (the 460 VG080 transfer box in addition to being pt 4wd is only rated at 800Nm) with a set of RCV axles to complete.

The project started out with somewhat modest ambitions to just transplant the 606, but has grown into a bit of a monster with not only a full engine build (gas flowed head, uprated springs, valves, cams done by Ric Wood, modified Holset Turbo, rebuilt Myna-Diesel racing pump with bigger plungers etc etc), but also significant changes to chassis geometry and suspension setup (the CRC link, dual shock setup, adjustable caster etc) and of course the gearbox transplant which required the custom flywheel to work... what was meant to be a couple of month's work has now been 18! :D

It will go well once its done though!

I must refrain from the temptation to do too much to the 993 in the meantime (or my W123 AMG estate that is also awaiting a complete strip/ rebuild and interior change!).

I've got the 993 in with the guys at AutoBodyTechnic in Slough to do the cosmetic stuff. Front end is being resprayed, new sets of panel and door seals all around, front screen out to do the corrosion (of which there is very little but it needed to be done) and replacing front lenses with clear Porsche originals (and a full set of LEDs/ HIDs from Bergville FX)

The interior is pretty good on the whole - I've ordered a couple of new switches, a new set of front carpets, ignition rose and so on.. The handbrake has a mark on it, but as you say expensive so will probably wait. The main item I have to locate now is a child seat (Porsche Prince most likely as I think not a lot else fits)

I have also been a bit indulgent with the new Porsche Classic radio (which is painfully expensive but looks much better than the neon and plastic of anything else I can find) and a set of JL Audio speakers all round.

I've been pretty distracted with work over the past few weeks so haven't thought about it much but I'm now quite excited to be picking it up :)

nwc said:
I must refrain from the temptation to do too much to the 993 in the meantime

Sounds like you have the improving well under control :grin:

mohitos said:
nwc said:
The main item I have to locate now is a child seat (Porsche Prince most likely as I think not a lot else fits

Try finding a Concord Ultimax. No longer made without the isofix but can be found here and there. It probably shares the same top part as the isofix, in which case here's the base you need:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Concord-U...420?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ae71ffdec

The Concord is okay, fits nice and tight, but be prepared for hardly any legroom in the front passenger seat when with child! also, protect seat before fitting the frame, otherwise it will leave marks in the leather!!

The Porsche Prince is the only one that fits well and still gives enough space in the front. They are a little awkward to get the kids in, and it takes them a while to get use to the table in front of them, but they will probably use it to sleep on...ours did anyway :sleepy:
Also, they are probably not as safe as the Concord, but we found ours fine until child grew out of it :thumb:

NIBrown said:
mohitos said:
nwc said:
The main item I have to locate now is a child seat (Porsche Prince most likely as I think not a lot else fits

Try finding a Concord Ultimax. No longer made without the isofix but can be found here and there. It probably shares the same top part as the isofix, in which case here's the base you need:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Concord-U...420?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ae71ffdec

The Concord is okay, fits nice and tight, but be prepared for hardly any legroom in the front passenger seat when with child! also, protect seat before fitting the frame, otherwise it will leave marks in the leather!!

The Porsche Prince is the only one that fits well and still gives enough space in the front. They are a little awkward to get the kids in, and it takes them a while to get use to the table in front of them, but they will probably use it to sleep on...ours did anyway :sleepy:
Also, they are probably not as safe as the Concord, but we found ours fine until child grew out of it :thumb:

The only other one that looks like it might fit is the Recaro Monza - I've found a Prince in the meantime so if I can buy that I will.

davw said:
I'm picking up the mint mint one in Saturday. Driving back to Aberdeen via Upton on Severn, Durham and Linlithgow Sat / Sun, can't wait! 993 will be joining its younger brother, a 997.1 GT3 club sport. A few modifications planned including a set of BBS LMs. I'll keep in touch!

Congrats on the purchase, I had the conversion done on that car from C2 to RS lookey likey and all the other mods. I think they were removed when I sold it on though.
Cracking car, great colour - Enjoy! :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back