Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another milestone

Alex

Nordschleife
Pulled up at work yesterday and noticed the mileometer has hit another milestone - 160k miles. That now pushing me up at 74k miles behind the wheel.

z8lTlxd.jpg

Car's still doing me proud and putting a smile on my face after over 8 years of ownership.

HeriVDp.jpg

Last week I rattled off 2500 miles on a trip down to St Tropez and back and the car was absolutely flawless pulliing over 30mpg eachway and never missed a beat or used any oil.

Jx5Y9XD.jpg

jmETKFu.png

The mod I did with the roof down in motion has taken some proper hammering, don't think the roof was operated once with the car stopped. :grin:

When I had it serviced earlier this year in May I did have a scare as when I cut my oil filter open it was full of glitter :eek:

UmU3obV.jpg

But my oil analysis said the levels of wear particles were fine.

q0lc3d4.jpg

I've had discuassions with both Baz (Hartech) and Mike at Millers about it and as yet the Jury is still out on what action to take.

I did drop the filter after a few hundre miles after the service and it was clean as a whistle. May do this again now I've put another 2.5k on it.

In the meantime it's just a case of more of this :driving: some of this :mechanic: and plenty of these :) :) :) :) :)

PS. Holiday down in St Tropez was amazing topped off by rolling around in the 996 and plenty of Rose!!

:thumbs: all good to read Alex.

Just curious, how did you get onto the mainland EU, did you chance it via Kent or was it elsewhere using ferries?

Eurotunnel. Not a problem, sailed right through going and coming and no stacking wagons. My Dad went on Monday and same for him. Only issue for my Dad was everyone was arriving 3 hours early which just conjested the Eurotunnel car park.

Good to know.
I've been put off getting over there, next year I'll be there.
This year it's NW to Skye and beyond.

I did notice all the speed cameras over there are now the average speed over distance type but I suppose that doen't matter to us anymore.

...160k mile daily driver...forum legend buddy :worship:

Soooperb story Alex, my guess is that was the way Porsche designed them to be used... :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back