Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice on jacking points

Hizza

Monza
Sunday's forecast is looking warm enough for me to hold a spanner without it freezing to my hand, so I'm looking to fit my Rennline mesh grilles. Which requires front bumper off and cleaning of rads whilst I'm there.

I have two low profile jacks which I'll put under the front jacking points but also want to put axle stands underneath too. Can anyone provide me with a pic to show where I can put the axle stands when the jacking point positions are taken up by the jacks?

Thanks!

Unfortunately I can't help with your jacking question, but just to make you aware (apologies if you know this) you do not need to jack the car to remove the front bumper, easily doable on the ground :thumb:

You will want to remove the plastic inner arches to get better access and clean everything while you are about it.
The car is very stiff so: Jack up on a rear point and place chassis stand under front point. Lower onto stand. Jack up other side and repeat. You can now remove wheels and inner arches.
Do loosen the airCon condensers to get the crap from between them and the water rads. :grin:

There's quite a few good videos on YT on how to jack the 911 up. Sorry I can't get on YT at the moment to post a link.

But as Nimbus2b says, jack the rear and the front will go up enough to put an axle stand under.

Assuming the 997 is the same as the 996 underneath you can jack on the points on the pic and axle stands on the jacking point or vice versa if you have some rubber picks for the axle stands. I've done both without issue on my 996. Think jack stands in after jacking on jacking point was easiest from memory or you need to lift one side first so the other lifts enough to jack off the non jacking point. Hope it helps anyway.

Attachments

• pic01_205.jpg
    pic01_205.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 1,178
One of the guys on here used to make and sell the hard plastic jacking pads, they push and twist into the jacking point and are one of the best things I've bought.
You don't have to jack up to take the PU bumper off but it helps greatly if you do.
On the 997 there are lots of torx bolts so make a shadow card and push them in so you know where they come from, makes things a lot easier.

Great, thanks everyone. Will give it a go this weekend and hopefully post some pics!

All done, here's a pic of work in progress, will post another tomorrow as I ran out of light to show the completed article. Pleased with the result, although Rennline are pricey they look better than Zunsports in my opinion - particularly the centre grille. Thanks for all the advice :thumb:

Attachments

• 20210220_113341_compress34_129.jpg
    20210220_113341_compress34_129.jpg
    556.2 KB · Views: 918

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back