Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Adding photos

Rik b

Trainee
I know this is not the norm but could someone please tell me how to add photos to a PM please.

Thanks and sorry for being dim 😂

Let's just say you are not being dim.

There is a unicorn site coming along shortly.

Upload the image to a an image hosting site such as Imgur :

https://imgur.com/

Press the New Post tab. Press the Choose photo/video tab. Find the image you wish to upload and press the open tab.

The image will take a couple of seconds to upload. When it's completed, a green tap will appear saying "Upload completed".

Hover your cursor over the image and in the top right hand corner a small black box with three dots in it will appear. Hover the the cursor over this and it will bring up a Get share links tab.

Click on this tab and then copy the BBCode (forums) link and paste it into your PM.

Even if it doesn't appear as in image in the PM (it should) the recipient will be able to paste it into their web browser and view it full size on the Imgur site.

I've found the postimage site easy to use, just upload your pic and copy/paste the 'hotlink for forums' link.

Robertb said:
I've found the postimage site easy to use, just upload your pic and copy/paste the 'hotlink for forums' link.

Yes this! Postimage is king and it couldnt be any easier

Thanks for the help guys....

I did manage to get it done amazingly. Now I'm a tech genius 😂

I am not great at this computer lark. Is it possible to add a photo to a post from post image via your smart phone ?
I have had a look but it is not obvious to me. Thanks in advance.

SP
You can, but the image file sizewill be too big for this platform. I use an app called Photo and Picture Resizer to reduce the file size. Then I can post the reduced file size images from my phone.
FYI Samsung S7

FZP said:
SP
You can, but the image file sizewill be too big for this platform. I use an app called Photo and Picture Resizer to reduce the file size. Then I can post the reduced file size images from my phone.
FYI Samsung S7

Eh? Just do exactly the same on any device or laptop, as below from an I phone SE :thumb: doing this

'I've found the postimage site easy to use, just upload your pic and copy/paste the 'hotlink for forums' link."

spongebob squarepants said:
FZP said:
SP
FYI Samsung S7

Eh? Just do exactly the same on any device or laptop, as below from an I phone SE :thumb: doing this

'I've found the postimage site easy to use, just upload your pic and copy/paste the 'hotlink for forums' link."

St Pierre not Spongebob :hand:

As far as I am aware there is no way to add an image to a PM, as requested by the OP. All you can do is add a link to a hosting site. However eventually we will fall foul to the same issue that happened when photobucket changed its rules/payment model.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back