Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A newbie, a foreigner and his 997 C4S

Spring is here

Hi Guys,

Winter is now gone and summer is getting closer. After 5 months hiatus, she has been now back on traffic for a week!

Not much happened during the winter, added rear Dectanes and I am now baffling about what DRL's should I get + interior LED's?

Good news are that I got the big service done on last Friday and on top of the usual stuff, I got LTT , waterpump and new design OEM coils installed and cylinders checked/filmed out with the stetoscope ( or how you call it). And all is GOOD 8) !!! No marks etc , nothing.

It was such a blast to drive her back with sun shining and after a longish winter it felt such a priviledge of owning one of these beautiful engineered masterpieces (911 as a concept).

After autumn's Turbo test drives I suffered a lot of turbo itch, but finally ended up of changing my DD to year old very sensible triple turbo'd F15M50D ( :mrgreen: ).

I was already settling to keep her, but after the weekends B-roads blast out with my mate, I just got an decent buy offer from him, that makes me wondering again.. keep it, Turbo, keep it, Turbo...

Bloody hell, I am reasonable chap in normal terms, but what comes to cars, heart gets ticking and all the sense gets thrown out of the window..

Phil, pls get me the link for good DRL's , I need to buy some stuff for her, NOW! :floor:

Attachments

• img_4654_1_361.jpg
    img_4654_1_361.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 7,058
Out and about

Still shiny

Attachments

• img_5660_168.jpg
    img_5660_168.jpg
    976.2 KB · Views: 7,033
Finne ,
hei hyvठkuulla sinusta

There are a couple of places to get the front DRLs , one is dectane the other is DM autoleile.

https://www.dm-autoteile.de/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=porsche+997

To get the full DRL function you also need the dectane wireing loom which will work on either set you buy. this will work as follows . the lower LEDs work on the ignition and are on as DRLs, if you turn on your headlights the DRLs dip to 50% and if you put your fogs on the centre strip also lights up. this for me is a far better operation than just the centre strip working as a DRL and everything going off if you turn your headlights on.

http://www.dectane-tuning.com/daytime-running-light-module-tflm02_20635.html

I brought my lights from dm-autoteile and the wiring loom from dectane.

Avoid the really cheap DRLs as they are not as bright .

oh yes and you might want some of these

https://www.dectane.de/SIDEMARKERS/...e-997-Carrera-4S-991-Turbo-chrome-SPO01L.html

Hope that helps mate :thumb: :thumb:

Get the dectanes. They are great and good quality.

Looked great on my 997.1 till i creashed it..

Welcome to the forum! Wow what a great detail. I really need to get mine done! Mine looks great from 10 feet but up close stone chips and swirls a plenty, you inspired we to get some new cutting and polishing discs and he to work, hell the turbo deserves it!!

Finne said:
I am from Finland and Yes, we do have our own small P-car community with forums and such here as well

:welcome: Finne

I know a few Finn's in the Pork world.

Car looks great :thumbs:

Cheers guys! :thumbs:

@ Phil, super!
Thanks a millions, I will place orders tonight for both of those!
And proper Finnish, I am well impressed :mrgreen:

@ RSC911, it is a small world, indeed :)

Finne said:
Cheers guys! :thumbs:

@ Phil, super!
Thanks a millions, I will place orders tonight for both of those!
And proper Finnish, I am well impressed :mrgreen:

@ RSC911, it is a small world, indeed :)

Finne ,Let us see some pics when you have fitted them mate :thumb: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back