Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT3 Touring

Roro said:
911UK said:
duck tail is far simpler but you loose a chunk of rear downforce, that can be clawed back in part with a rear diffuser, or just fit the carrera lid

dont know if Werks One still sell their 997 rear diffuser

the lid and motor dont weight that much but it's a GT3 fella for a reason

I've emailed Werks One to ask about a diffuser for a 997 GT3, will update if I hear anything back 8)

I heard back and they have no plans for a proper GT3 diffuser, they don't see any demand for it

They said the aero on the GT3 is well balanced from factory unlike the Carrera aerodynamics, so they never bothered developing a diffuser for the GT3. I didn't ask what about a GT3 that has no rear wing... as then you're talking lots of time and big bucks to have something bespoke developed. I'll wait for someone else to R&D that, if ever :D

Roro said:
kingston said:
AlpineGT3 said:
I'm sure there was a thread on PH, a 996.1 GT3 owner that deleted his rear wing, I just can't find it!

Roro asked the exactly the same question on PH about a month ago so already knows/knew the answer :thumb:

I did? I don't remember that

I was looking at that PH thread, I think the car looks great without the wing, very sleeper

Are you not rroro on there?

kingston said:
Roro said:
kingston said:
AlpineGT3 said:
I'm sure there was a thread on PH, a 996.1 GT3 owner that deleted his rear wing, I just can't find it!

Roro asked the exactly the same question on PH about a month ago so already knows/knew the answer :thumb:

I did? I don't remember that

I was looking at that PH thread, I think the car looks great without the wing, very sleeper

Are you not rroro on there?

Yeah rrroro, but don't remember every post I've ever made on The Internet somewhere. Or even what I had for breakfast this morning :eek:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back