Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Seat change

msaif996

Monza
Hello all, I’ve got 2-way heated comfort seats (manual apart from electric back adjustment) and I’ve bought 2-way heated sports seats (manual apart from electric hard back adjustment). Is it a straight swap and all that is required is to unbolt the four rail bolts and plug the sports seats into the two harnesses?

The articles I found all cover comfort to adaptive seats and the only YouTube video I found is not clear (and relates to adaptive seats).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

straight swap (y)

Thank you, do I need to do anything like disconnecting the battery or leave the key in the ignition.

I’m a bit worried something will need resetting if I disconnect the battery.

always disconnect the battery

The new seats were finally fitted yesterday and it feels just right. The 2-way heated sports seats had the backs and other panels painted basalt black and all that I need to do now is to apply the colourlock leather correction kit to spruce up the leather. I’m now sitting low and I’m held firmly in the car. Perfect driving position now.

The new seats were finally fitted yesterday and it feels just right. The 2-way heated sports seats had the backs and other panels painted basalt black and all that I need to do now is to apply the colourlock leather correction kit to spruce up the leather. I’m now sitting low and I’m held firmly in the car. Perfect driving position now.
Have you got any pics?

I just noticed the seat back match the centre console. Leather refresh next job

Attachments

• IMG_6292.jpeg
    IMG_6292.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6290.jpeg
    IMG_6290.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6284.jpeg
    IMG_6284.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 27