Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Opinions - Engine Noise

CallumC

Hello,

My first post on her, Im currently in the market for a 997 Porsche coming from an E92 M3 and looking for something a bit different and this has stood out to me.

https://youtu.be/nScbbrtL_JE

Cobalt Blue with Dark Blue interior and a manual box with relatively low miles for the price with a warranty.

Does anyone know anything about this car and is that engine noise normal? Certainly very different to the M3 but Ive lived in Stuttgart so know Porsche have a unique engine sound but could really do with some more expert reassurance before I make the 2 hour journey to see it in the metal! :?:

:welcome: to 911uk

To me that sounds like all 997.1 Carreras I've heard.

Cridfords have a good reputation so I think you'll be in good hands. That car looks very nice. :thumb:

Really hard to tell on a youtube vid, but it sounds good to me :thumb:

They are quite mechanical engines, I get a ticking noise from the lifters occasionally, sometimes it's there, sometimes it isn't and sometimes it goes away after a good blast!

That does look a nice car, worth checking that the warranty is decent and insist on an independent PPI if you go for it!

Thank you, that very much does ease my worries a little, as much as you can getting into this world it seems, but sure it'll all be worth it. Gone ahead and booked to go see it and take it for a spin so fingers crossed is as good as the pics.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back