Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996TT to sell or not to sell that is the question

Gary996

Spa-Francorchamps
Decisions decisions decisions

I have a 51 plate 996tt Manual that I am considering selling it has done 79,000 miles and to be honest over the last six years I've barely used it

it has been garaged most of the time however it is not pristine but it has been serviced and looked after.

The rough points are the front bumper nose is cracking I think someone reversed into the nose when it was parked up pushing it causing it to flex and also noticed that the rear spoiler Does not automatically go up although it does go up at the button.

So my predicament is do I get the work carried out and sell the car at a higher price or do I sell the car as it is with the work needing to be done for a lower price I have looked on auto trader and they seem to be listing for the mid twenties to the high thirty's

it find difficult to set a price it is standard except for a milteck exhaust that I had fitted when I first purchased the car I still have the original exhaust that I could sell with the car or separately

What is a reasonable price for me to list this at and if I didn't sell it but sat on it and kept it can you see these going back up in price 🤷"â™‚️

Thanks in advance

Need pics really to see more details and colour/interior spec etc. As you say price varies loads.

I'd get the work done then advertise at a good price around £30k-£35k. A lot of buyers will want a looked after car. If you don't have to sell it then you could still enjoy it and take your time to sell it in full working order. You will get a lot of chancers offering you £20k if it looks neglected. Personally I love the 996 Turbo, so would keep it.

I understand your dilemma, I have a similar problem.
I hardly use my car, even less so over the last year due to everything that has happened.. I decided to sort my cosmetics stuff out (worn graphics on various switches, damaged under trays,etc).... Until I decide to actually advertise it, I get some pleasure from the jobs having been done already..

As for value of these cars, who knows. There is a wide spread of advertised values as you mentioned. It would be interesting to know how much they really sell for.

Whatever you price yours at, I am pretty sure someone will want money off to fix the spoiler, bumper plus whatever else is found during a PPI.

I guess it all depends on how much you actually want for it and if you are prepared to wait for the right buyer.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeilHarbidge
Back