Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 tt tyre pressures

P911X50

Nurburgring
On the 996 tt the illustrated tyre pressures on the car are:

36 Fronts
44 Rears

I have heard that these are for 4 people in the car with luggage. Is this correct.
I am always alone in the car and find the ride hard and tend to lose front grip, even though I have Cup 2 tyres on the front.

What is the correct tyre pressure for one person driving and what are others using on the 996tt.

Interesting.

So it seems that 40 rear and 32 front seem to be the correct pressures for a 996 tt with just the driver,

According to the handbook:
36 front
44 rear
regardless of who's in the car.

The 36/44 is for 4 people and luggage. Weight/ tyre pressure has a factor on grip.

Where does it state that?

The tyre pressures are shown on the label just inside drivers door and identifies partly and fully loaded pressures

The lesser values are the correct ones in the case of your query ...

I don't think there's any value for ' only' driver .....

The 996 doesn't. It's under the frunk lid on the left of the options sticker.

pN7LNa0.jpg

32F, 40R works for me in my C4S on MPS2 tyres. Looks like it's wearing the tyres pretty evenly over the last 5000miles of driving. If anything it may be still slightly wearing the middles and I mostly drive B roads. They might need to come down a tad more.

The middles on the rears will wear more. This is due to the width of them (nearly 12"). At speed the centrifugal force pushes the middle out and creates greater force between rubber and tarmac, thus wearing it more in the middle. This is not due to over inflation and perfectly normal for this width and profile tyre.

Thanks,

Obviously an additional 3 people (180kgs) will have an impact on the weight of the car as its 15% of the total weight of the and therefore tyre pressures. 10% reduction makes sense to me.

I will try 36/44 when the sun comes out.

Would be interesting to hear from others.
:thumbs:

There's not many adults weigh under 9 1/2 stone. :grin:

The figures Porsche quote are not for 4 people and luggage, they are a general fixed value for all conditions. Even each variant varies in weight but Porsche still claim pressures should be that value. Obviously, if you're fully laden going on a long trip, you should check the pressure with the tyres at ambient temp and whilst at that weight before progressing with your journey, but Porsche say the should still be 36/44.

Alex said:
The 996 doesn't. It's under the frunk lid on the left of the options sticker.

pN7LNa0.jpg

That's interesting , I guess it must have started with the 997 ....

Every day is a School day ....

Cheers Alex...

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdowrick
Back