Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 GT3 - is it worth the £50k over a 996 C4S?

IMI A said:
Its funny I have a 911 turbo which has a GT2 aerokit on it. Someone from Porsche Reading recently asked me why don't you just buy a GT2 it will cost you the same as all this GT2 stuff on your turbo.

Its obvious the person asking me has never driven a GT2 back to back with a turbo.

I'd describe the GT2 as Riveta for breakfast with a few cucumbers. The turbo is more like a warm hot cross bun with lashings of butter which is my preference.

The contrast is even more stark with 996 C4S v 996 GT3. Just depends how committed you are to being lighter :grin:

The answer is for us to work harder and own both :mrgreen:

Or maybe it's obvious he had driven one I ... :wink:
The Turbo has its benefits, and ranks towards the top of the desirability scale for many, but the GT2 is the purer drive, and is in different league in the rarity stakes.
Minty looks good, hope you're pleased with it.

The C4S is a lovely thing, but driving one is akin to making love to your wife/girlfriend/life partner (delete as applicable) with a wellington boot on your todger.
The 996 GT3 is doing the same, but bareback.
Both experiences have their merits, but one is a more tactile and ultimately more enjoyable (not to mention rewarding) experience than the other...

Slippydiff said:
IMI A said:
Its funny I have a 911 turbo which has a GT2 aerokit on it. Someone from Porsche Reading recently asked me why don't you just buy a GT2 it will cost you the same as all this GT2 stuff on your turbo.

Its obvious the person asking me has never driven a GT2 back to back with a turbo.

I'd describe the GT2 as Riveta for breakfast with a few cucumbers. The turbo is more like a warm hot cross bun with lashings of butter which is my preference.

The contrast is even more stark with 996 C4S v 996 GT3. Just depends how committed you are to being lighter :grin:

The answer is for us to work harder and own both :mrgreen:

Or maybe it's obvious he had driven one I ... :wink:
The Turbo has its benefits, and ranks towards the top of the desirability scale for many, but the GT2 is the purer drive, and is in different league in the rarity stakes.
Minty looks good, hope you're pleased with it.

Very happy indeed. Not driven her yet so a little worried the new tractive maybe a bit too firm like a GT 911 for me! I've always been a wimp!! Other than this I saw yesterday and was blown away. Everyone who came to see Minty was blown away TBH. The road presence is off the scale.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back