Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996/997 GT3 Top Mounts - Where to source studs?

Mallone

Silverstone
Picked up a set of 996 GT3 top mounts for a bit of a suspension project and some of the press fit studs are past their best and are failing/about to pop the heads off.

Studs appear to be the same across 996 and 997 GT3 top mounts.

Thought I'd found a supplier who could help through Aliexpress but the splines on the stud are slightly different. Hard to know what to search for. They look very similar to wheel studs, but in M8 sizing. Sometimes referred to as splined shoulder bolts too.

Anyone know where you can source these separately? Any help appreciated!

Pic for reference.

dYkcAnsh.jpg

PS. If anyone also knows a supplier for the top mount spherical bearings that isn't the Porsche motorsport department that would also be handy!

Mallone said:
Picked up a set of 996 GT3 top mounts for a bit of a suspension project and some of the press fit studs are past their best and are failing/about to pop the heads off.

Studs appear to be the same across 996 and 997 GT3 top mounts.

Thought I'd found a supplier who could help through Aliexpress but the splines on the stud are slightly different. Hard to know what to search for. They look very similar to wheel studs, but in M8 sizing. Sometimes referred to as splined shoulder bolts too.

Anyone know where you can source these separately? Any help appreciated!

Pic for reference.

dYkcAnsh.jpg

PS. If anyone also knows a supplier for the top mount spherical bearings that isn't the Porsche motorsport department that would also be handy!

I spent hours looking through spherical bearing manufacturers online catalogues last Summer, but it looks like it's a Porsche specific size ... and thus only available from Porsche ... :pc:

Top mount studs :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184579880489?hash=item2af9d17629:g:6FIAAOSwG~Re15kI

@slippydiff - Yet again I bow to your knowledge on this stuff.

I'll just PM you directly next time and save starting a new thread! :grin: :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back