Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Carbon Gear Stick brand new on eBay.......

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Different discussion IMO - a gearstick is an inert piece of metal (and carbon fibre in this instance).

Typifies what is wrong with some aspects of Porsche ownership - they are simply a car at the end of the day.

If a gearstick really is worth that kind of money to you and you can spunk it without a second thought then good luck to you and yours.

All luxury goods fall into this catagory, this is a luxury gearstick

2013-08-30142144.jpg

? You've got the LHD one in that photo - the Porsche script should face the passenger obviously.

I don't know
Once you've done everything, things get a bit strained
This kind of thing, on anything less than a Turbo or Turbo S has the stench of trying too hard.

I like the Alloy & Leather version with matching RHD Handbrake. But the RHD handbrake in that style is basically impossible to source.

dommorton said:
I like the Alloy & Leather version with matching RHD Handbrake. But the RHD handbrake in that style is basically impossible to source.

Tell me about it. I have been after a black leather/alloy RHD handbrake for months. I can't even find a black LHD one. If anyone has one then I'll pay a premium for one. :thumb:

Dream911 said:
dommorton said:

Tell me about it. I have been after a black leather/alloy RHD handbrake for months. I can't even find a black LHD one. If anyone has one then I'll pay a premium for one. :thumb:

:floor: :thumb:

My bargain of Last year was picking up the mint carbon gear stick for £150 :)

There are plenty that would raise an eyebrow at £150 let alone £995, there would those that would raise an eyebrow at £50 when there is already one in the car that does the job, of course they are right, there is no argument, but I am happy and its a tactile piece of the car that makes driving it that teeny weeny bit more special to me :bandit:

jonttt said:
Dream911 said:
...but I am happy and its a tactile piece of the car that makes driving it that teeny weeny bit more special to me :bandit:

And that is all that matters, my friend.

Pisses me off that you and others have to pay so much for the teeny weeny bits.

Forget your mileage map. I'm plotting an oddness chart. Depth of disclosed obsession, post count, issues raised and responded to. Cyrus Power - previous owner of the Mohito Mobile got out while he still could. When he spent nearly a bag replacing front boot carpet due to a saggy flange pocket he knew he was in trouble.

Forget your mileage map. I'm plotting an oddness chart. Depth of disclosed obsession, post count, issues raised and responded to. Cyrus Power - previous owner of the Mohito Mobile got out while he still could. When he spent nearly a bag replacing front boot carpet due to a saggy flange pocket he knew he was in trouble.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back