Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 turbo s question

nick w said:
Hi, if you like full driver interaction with the car and am not 100% fussed
about chasing lap times, then go for the manual version, you will not be
disappointed !. The gear change is 'rifle bolt precise' and the short throw on
it is just fantastic twinned with a clutch so light in comparison to my old
beloved Gen 2 RS. It's a wonderful machine, and without a doubt the manual
box just adds to the whole driving experience !. When you add everything
up you'll discover very quickly why the 992 3' is so revered as a pure driver's
car......so sonorous and very pointy !. 👌😀

Wow! Never knew the 992 Turbo came in manual and also a lighter clutch :thumb:

I was commenting about a manual GT3 !. The only Turbo which is a manual
Spec is the Sport Classic !

nick w said:
I was commenting about a manual GT3 !. The only Turbo which is a manual
Spec is the Sport Classic !

Ahaha! Thanks for clarifying. :oops:

I have a deposit down on a 992.2 Turbo which I may switch to Turbo S. Just wondering if the market is now shifting? Had 2 new Targa 4S’s in a row now and not lost much on depreciation but wanted to try something different….thoughts?
I’m selling my Targa 4S next month whilst it still has 6 months warranty.

I have a deposit down on a 992.2 Turbo which I may switch to Turbo S. Just wondering if the market is now shifting? Had 2 new Targa 4S’s in a row now and not lost much on depreciation but wanted to try something different….thoughts?
992.2 Turbo market is falling, especially for cars with the wrong spec

Welcome to 911uk.

Traditionally the S version of turbo models are more desirable than the base turbo. Either way, in the current climate, make sure that you don't pay list for either.

Last edited:
I don`t think there is a big difference between the non -S and S on the road but if you are craving speed and power then the S sits at the top so is the logical choice. The cost difference narrows in the second hand market but based on what I have seen for 991 there is about 10K difference after a few years. The S has center locks which is a deal-breaker for some -personally I loved the look. Good luck

Spec is the big point, noting there is a vast stock of new 992 Turbo/TurboS at OPC's

the 20-/21-inch 911 Turbo S Exclusive Design Wheels are very desirable

Yes, that’s the sense of my question there are a lot of stock of 992.1. My order is the 992.2 which should deliver around summertime, 2024

Yes, that’s the sense of my question there are a lot of stock of 992.1. My order is the 992.2 which should deliver around summertime, 2024
992.2 that does make a difference (y)
MHEV incoming, or so i hear

Ironically the dealership called me this morning, asking if I could some in, as they have some 'interesting' offers on existing 911.1 stock!
I've declined the offer..but I am starting to wonder if paying £200K for a 992.2 Turbo S is as attractive as it seemed 6 months ago when I placed the order, given perceived market (re-sale value) changes...? It was never an investment decision but the predictable resale value was certainly a consideration in my thinking at the time.

it's a sale for 992,1 stock when the 992.2 is around the corner, every next generation has a resale leap up

Btw I doubt you’ll see a 992.2 Turbo till 2025, imo..
So either bide your time and see if the new hybrid version floats your boat, or haggle hard on one in stock, and see if you can bag a bargain ( at least 15% off I’m guessing 🤞)

Yes still no definitive (UK) launch date for 992.2 🤷

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back