Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 911T

Thanks, yeah it’s such a fantastic car, yours sounds awesome with the Lichfield tune and Sharwerks exhaust 😍

Thanks, yeah it’s such a fantastic car, yours sounds awesome with the Lichfield tune and Sharwerks exhaust 😍
well don't keep us in suspense, how has it been !

well don't keep us in suspense, how has it been !
Everything and more, been lusting after one for soooo long and still coming to terms with ownership. To get this colour and spec was brilliant, makes the car feel extra special. Weather not been great so drives limited so far but looking forward to the spring and summer and planning some trips 👍

All Dodo Juice products to produce these results, I find their stuff fantastic. 👍✨

Miami Blue is one of my favourite colours. :cool:
Dodo Juice-tastic result. :)

Thanks, yeah such a great colour. I’ve been using dodo juice for years and it always delivers great results. 👍

In the 1990's Maritime Blue was the colour if you had a 964RS or 968CS... pretty similar.

Late congrats from me as well - amazing looking car especially in this hue! Did you find the T market to comprised of PDK transmissions mainly? Until my own acquisition of a 991, I found that to be the case of the base, S and GTS variants. I was informed that the market for T models was different to the rest of the Carrera line-up.

Late congrats from me as well - amazing looking car especially in this hue! Did you find the T market to comprised of PDK transmissions mainly? Until my own acquisition of a 991, I found that to be the case of the base, S and GTS variants. I was informed that the market for T models was different to the rest of the Carrera line-up.
Thanks. I’ve been following the ‘T’ market for a few years waiting on the right colour, spec and price coming up. Unfortunately I found that a lot of cars had the original ‘T’ features comprised i.e. have a PDK, rear seats, gorilla glass removed etc which makes me think what’s the point as it’s not a T. Finally, I found one with ALL the original features intact and great options like buckets added in. The car gets a LOT of love and I’m very pleased! 😁

Last edited:
Thanks. I’ve been following the ‘T’ market for a few years waiting on the right colour, spec and price coming up. A lot have the original ‘T’ features comprised i.e. have a PDK, rear seats, gorilla glass removed etc which makes me think what’s the point as it’s not a T. Finally, I found one with ALL the original features intact and great options like buckets added in. The car gets a LOT of love and I’m very pleased! 😁

I do find that surprising: people opted to have PDK in their T models when the trade view it favourably as a pseudo-GT3. When I was doing my Carrera research, most traders told me they would avoid manual 991's as they were hard to shift on as most of the crowd preferred automatics. However, they also said the T was an exception to this rule as they were much easier to shift on in manual format. That put paid to me seeking a manual Carrera and wasn't looking to get a T.

Yes, I do agree with you that where a T is supposed to be about lightweightedness, why should people add another 30kg for the PDK and another whatever it is for rear seats and other such weight-penalty options? They may as well have bought a base Carrera or even the S. Gorilla glass? Never heard of that! But then I wasn't looking for a T as I thought the ride would be too compromising (I believe their suspension/damper set-up differs from all other Carrera models) and the decreased amount of sound-deadening materal would generate more tyre roar into the cabin?

I do find that surprising: people opted to have PDK in their T models when the trade view it favourably as a pseudo-GT3. When I was doing my Carrera research, most traders told me they would avoid manual 991's as they were hard to shift on as most of the crowd preferred automatics. However, they also said the T was an exception to this rule as they were much easier to shift on in manual format. That put paid to me seeking a manual Carrera and wasn't looking to get a T.

Yes, I do agree with you that where a T is supposed to be about lightweightedness, why should people add another 30kg for the PDK and another whatever it is for rear seats and other such weight-penalty options? They may as well have bought a base Carrera or even the S. Gorilla glass? Never heard of that! But then I wasn't looking for a T as I thought the ride would be too compromising (I believe their suspension/damper set-up differs from all other Carrera models) and the decreased amount of sound-deadening materal would generate more tyre roar into the cabin?
Gorilla glass is the plastic rear and sides on a T, again loads of folk spec glass back in cause they want the tint/smoked look, which misses the point imo and loses the great view you get looking from outside through the rear window right through the car 👍. Nearest thing to a GT3 spec, but much more affordable and 3 litre is more practical imo but still sounds good with sports exhaust, lack of sound deadening adds to the raw racer feel for me, you know you’re in a proper sports car 👍

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back