Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 noise defect in cabin

DWR

I bought a 991.1 18 months ago from a Porsche dealership. A month after i heard a strange high pitch screeching noise coming from the PCM area which then disappeared. It has been with me ever since. It is INTERMITTANT and only appears at irregular intervals although recently it is more frequent. To make matters worse it usually can only be heardwhen I reach 49mph although it does sound infrequently at 25mph.
I took it back to the original dealership and they tested but could not hear saying unless you could provide evidence they would not investiagte further. I have recorded the noise and have taken my car to my local OPC and after 5 days heard a noise once which they recorded and identified as a faulty rear buckle. Now on order and will get it in a few weeks. Comparing this sound to my recording I sense there is no correlation. Porsche are not that interested and although I have a Porsche Warranty, acoustics are excluded since it does not effect funtionality. So they will not carry out any proper investiagtion unless I write them a blank cheque. Can any readers who may have had similar experience help me. I have owned Porsche cars for 20 years and had much enjoyment from each of the 4 cars but this 911 has become tainted so I wish to sell but the existance of this noise may make a sale difficult or impossible. Please do not mention we buy any car, they offered £22k less than I paid. I would attach my recording but it seems the site only accepts images not sound recordings. I hope you can assist and lookforward to hearing.

If you're committed to selling, then perhaps trade the car in at your Porsche dealership. Seeing as there is no fault found, they should have no issue giving you a good market rate for the car.

if it's coming from the "PCM area" it might be worth checking if there is a disc in the CD unit, & if you can reproduce the noise when it's removed.

Re: the sound clip, you'll probably need to host it somewhere else (icloud, onedrive, dropbox, youtube, vimeo, etc) & then share a link to it here

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back