Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

17" Tyre availability

DYFAN

Apologies if this is a repeat post, I did a search but couldn't find much specifically about summer tyres in the last 2-3 years.

I've got 18" wheels on my car but am about to swap to 17" cup2 wheels. The 17" are on Pirelli P-zeros but the rears are beyond the legal wear limit.

I thought I'd just get two new rear tyres but can't seem to find P-zeros in 17" fitment. From the searches I've done I can't seem to find many N rated options for the 17" wheels at all...

The best option seems to be the Michelin PS4, these get great reviews but aren't N rated.

Has anyone else had difficulty in finding tyres? Any experience with the Michelin PS4?

Ive been running PS2 for years, but going to switch to PS4. Dont care about the N rating at all tbh.

PS4's here too. Awesome grippy tyres and not an N Rating in sight...my car is a 26 year old banger after all. Who cares about N Ratings on these classics other than the concours beardy crew! :grin:

C.

Thanks, those were my thoughts...I think I'll proceed for the PS4s :thumbs:

I contacted Michelin Customer Support by email last year to enquire about tyre reccomendations for my 993. They suggested the PS2s or the PS4s.

I did then phone customer support and chatted to a knowledgeable chap about PS2 vs PS4. In summary, the PS2 has a dry weather and track bias, whereas the PS4 was a better all rounder in wet and dry conditions.

I've always fitted PS2s in the past but may consider PS4s as I found they were somewhat cheaper and more easily available.

Another vote for the PS4s. Excellent tyres and you can often get a good discount on Blackcircles, got all 4 for £520 fitted recently. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back