Welcome to 911uk.com. By using our services, you are agreeing to be bound by all of these terms and conditions. If you don't wish to be bound by what you read below, you shouldn't use 911uk.com. We may change or update these terms at any time without prior notice. Your continued use of 911uk.com means that you accept any new or modified terms.
Although the administrators and moderators of this Bulletin Board will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, 911UK.COM will not be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or report the offending post to a moderator. Any message that does not conform to the terms of this service will be edited or removed with immediate effect.
Copyright in 911uk.com (including but not limited to text, photographs, graphics and software) is owned by or licensed to the publishers, 911uk.com. All rights are hereby reserved by 911uk.com. Users may access content in 911uk.com solely for their own personal, non-commercial use. Users may not otherwise download or copy, store in any medium (including any other website), distribute, transmit, re-transmit, modify or show in public any part of 911uk.com without the prior written consent of 911uk.com. If you wish to make inquiries about a licence to reproduce material from the websites of 911uk.com, please contact us.
Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, all of the content on this site is the property of 911uk.com or has been licensed for use by 911uk.com and is protected by UK and international copyright laws. "Content" means any information, mode of expression, or other material and services found on 911uk.com. This includes discussion boards, chat, software, our writings, graphics and any and all other features found on the site. Our content is intended for individual, personal use only. Any copying, distribution, storing or transmission of any kind, or any sort of commercial use of our content is strictly prohibited without our prior written permission.
If you are dissatisfied with the website or any content or materials on it, your sole exclusive remedy is to discontinue your use of the website.
We do not warrant that the web site, its content or the server that makes it available are error or virus free or free of other harmful components or that your use of this web site will be uninterrupted. If you are dissatisfied with the web site or any content or materials on it, your sole exclusive remedy is to discontinue your use of the web site.
All content of this web site including but not limited to the text, photographs, images, graphics, illustrations, designs, written and other material including the program and code that operates this web site (together the 'content') is protected by copyright, trade mark and/or other proprietary rights owned by or licensed to us.
Downloading, printing or copying of any content from this web site is permitted only for the purposes of personal use in which case you must acknowledge the source of the material. All other uses of the content are expressly prohibited.
The web site may provide links to other web sites, the content of which is not in our control. Accordingly we cannot accept any responsibility for the materials featured on such web sites. Links to such sites are not to be taken as an endorsement of such web sites or as a warranty that such web sites will be free of viruses or other such items of a destructive nature.
Please note that any goods and services supplied or made available through this site or through sites which are linked to this site are supplied by third parties and not by us (unless stated otherwise). Any dealings between you and such third parties, including payment for and delivery of products or services and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations, acts or omissions associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the third party. You agree not to hold us liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as the result of any such dealings.
Third Party User Supplied Content, Sites & Services
The Website contains material submitted and created by private and trade advertisers and other third parties. We exclude all liability for any illegality arising from such material, or any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in such material.
The Website site and Content available through the Service may contain features and functionalities that may link you or provide you with access to third party content which is completely independent of 911uk.com,including web sites, directories, servers, networks, systems, information and databases, applications, software, programs, products or services, and the Internet as a whole.
Your interactions with organisations and/or individuals found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties.
You agree that 911uk.com shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that 911uk.com is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby release 911uk.com, its officers, employees, agents and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and / or our service.
By registering, you certify that all information you provide in the registration is accurate. 911uk.com encourages active and open debate among our members. All that we ask is that it's done in a lawful and civil manner be it posting on our boards or using our system to email another user directly. Accordingly, you agree to use 911uk.com for lawful purposes only. You may not use, or allow others to use, your membership to:
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or entity;
- Post, link or transmit statements that are intentionally false or misleading, or use such statements to manipulate the market for any security;
- Post, link or transmit any advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation including chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- Post, link or transmit any content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, harassing, or defamatory or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person;
- Post, transmit, or link any material to any site that is pornographic, sexually explicit, violent, racist, sexist, voyeuristic or is otherwise offensive or unlawful in any way;
While we can't review all transmissions by our users, 911uk.com reserves the right to monitor any information transmitted or received through our service. 911uk.com, at our sole discretion and without prior notice, may at any time review, remove, or otherwise block any post or terminate your membership for violating the above provisions.
- Use insulting, threatening or defamatory words, pictures or other communications.
- Post any material likely to cause undue annoyance, provocation, upset, embarrassment or alarm to any person.
- Deliberately provoke arguments or continue arguments that have calmed down, or have had the thread closed.
- Deliberately attempt to disrupt the community on 911uk.com to provoke arguments or by any other means through a malicious intent that is not in the spirit of 911uk.com.
- Use the forums to harass anyone, including but not limited to posting personal or private information, photos etc without permission from the person to which such information, photos etc relates. This also includes 'naming & shaming' as further detailed below.
- Reignite inflammatory threads by creating new threads on the same or similar topics after threads covering a particular topic have been closed.
- Argue the decision of a Moderator in public. All complaints directed at a moderating decision should be addressed to "911uk".
- Collect or store personal data about other users;
- Post or transmit any file that contains viruses, corrupted files, "Trojan Horses," or any other contaminating or destructive features that may damage someone else's computer.
- Post links to websites or adverts for commercial or personal gain, including use of a user name that contains any reference to a company or website name. All advertising on 911uk must be through the normal channels.
- Post or transmit any material that you do not have a right to transmit under law (such as copyright, trade secret or securities) or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (as in nondisclosure agreements);
- Post material or link to any material that is unlawful or which support, promote or incite unlawful acts etc.
- Create multiple profiles for any purpose, e.g. to escape a previous ban or to allow comments which breach our website terms and conditions or these Posting Rules). This also includes impersonating any other person, real or imaginary, or using any other person’s 911uk login or profile.
- Attempt to damage 911uk via electronic means or implement or attempt to implement a DOS attack;
- You are responsible for all statements made and acts that occur through the use of your membership and password. Please don\'t disclose your password to anybody. If your password has been stolen, you must let us know.
- Use of the site Private Message or Email system in relation to any of the above.
By posting material on this website, you promise that it does not infringe any third party rights.
You acknowledge that failure to abide by our website terms and conditions or these Posting Rules may result in your membership of this site being terminated.
All matters relating to conduct in the forums and compliance with these Posting Rules will be determined by the Moderators and/or 911uk staff in their sole discretion (acting at all times in a reasonable and fair way). Termination of your membership of 911uk will be permanent and no correspondence will be entered into with a view to reversing any sanctions.
If you see any material on this website which you think does not conform to these standards, please contact: "911uk"
Naming and Shaming
The following clarifies why the 'no naming and shaming' rule exists, where 'bad traders & dealers' can not be revealed.
There are a number of reasons. Firstly it's simply a matter of balance. We often I've heard a 'horror' story about a dealer only to later talk to the dealer/trader discussed and find that there are considerably different views on what actually took place. There are also bad customers out there as well as bad dealers. Some people expect too much and misrepresent the facts in their favour.
Who are we to act as judge and jury when someone posts something bad about a business? We can't verify the 'facts' as presented. If the dealer doesn't even know that the message has been posted then it's very unfair on their business to be slated in public with no opportunity to respond. Even if the dealer or company does frequent this site, is it right that a dispute should be argued out in public? That's no way to resolve matters sensibly.
911uk then becomes involved as a 'publisher' of what may be libelous, making matters even more complex. If we're asked to remove comments by a company and we consider them potentially libelous then we will take them off the site. That then leaves you open to litigation, not us. Disputes are best dealt with in the real world through normal channels. Doing it online merely opens a can of worms for the person posting the message, for 911uk and for the business being discussed.
We've no desire to become embroiled in disputes and start providing transcripts of threads to solicitors (yes, it happens). Many people do not realise that they are opening themselves up to accusations of libel too. "But what I posted was true" is a frequent retort. That's as may be, but all too often emotions creeps into messages and people end up stepping over the line, putting themselves in a position where they could invite a whole heap of trouble.
We recognise this is a difficult issue to get right, and we therefore tend to on the side of not trying to censor posts unduly. Unfortunately the law is by no means clear on this, and while it isn't we find ourselves in an awkward position. Rest assured that we have taken legal advice on how the courts treat libel and defamation online though, and feel that we probably let as much as we're safe to do slide through. The exception to this is where a fraud is being undertaken and 911uk will publish details to save guard users.
If we come across as heavy handed. I can assure you that this isn't the intention. Whilst we do share your frustrations at not being able to paint both sides of the fence, as discussed above it's not as simple as "it's true, therefore it's not libel". So, the answer is that we ask people not to indulge in 'name and shame' discussions. It's the simplest solution found.
TRADING, a notice to all traders
If you would like to advertise your services then please send '911uk' a Private Message or email to detail your company services and the benefit it would have to the users of 911uk.
Do not post in the forum as your post will be deleted.
Only approved traders may post and advertise their services on the forum.
- and all of the above includes the following....
- trading via the private messenger system
- newly registered members who are traders who claim they justwant to provide info on their industry activities
- newly registered members who praise the services of a third party, who then suddenly appears on the forum to accept the praise and offer their commercial services in the same capacity
- adding banners that advertise you trade information in in your forum signature without the approval of the site
- and any web links that can be deemed as trading
- arranging group buys via members without the prior approval from the site
- any members who frequently post on the parts for sale section using their personal membership ID will need to contact the site to approve their trading activites.
There are no exceptions.
If any members have any concerns to any post on the forum, please contact myself or any of the moderators to highlight your concerns or anything that we may have missed.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
911uk.com cannot and does not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the news or editorial content found on our site.
You understand and acknowledge that information posted or transmitted by other users are the sole responsibility of the person from which such material originated. 911uk.com takes no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or even truth of the information posted in our areas.
911uk.com shall not be liable for any decision made or action taken by you or others based upon reliance on news published by 911uk.com. We rely on various sources of information that we believe to be accurate and reliable.
In the event of a breach of this agreement - and a loss being suffered as a consequence - 911uk.com will look to hold the consumer responsible for reasonable losses.
We need to understand who is reading our site to provide the most appropriate content and to source advertising from appropriate companies. We will also use your profile to improve your online experience at 911uk.com with customised features and new facilities that will be offered to registered users.
911uk.com will not disclose any of your personal information you provide us as part of your membership registration except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, for example if required by law. 911uk.com does not sell or rent user information to anyone without explicit permission.
Car for sale adverts are placed in good faith free of charge in the 911uk Classifieds may be selected at random to be placed for free in the monthly 'Total 911' Porsche magazine, as indicated in 'Sell Your Porsche' as per the conditions found in the 'Sell your Porsche' content page in the Classified control section. If you do not agree to have your advert placed for free in this Porsche Magazine please advise the site through the contact us section.
For the Porsche Awards at porscheawards.co.uk, we require email identification to monitor fair voting, we do not solicit emails, personal details or any such such data, all information registered will be based on your specific preferences./p>
911uk.com is not associated with Porsche Automobil Holdings SE, Dr. Ing.h.c.F.Porsche AG, or Porsche Cars UK. Any word, phrase or graphic that in any way resembles anything to do with the Porsche name or organisation are registered trademarks of Porsche Automobil Holdings SE and Dr. Ing.h.c.F. Porsche AG.